Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Roadblocks starting NOW

Re: Roadblocks starting NOW

Hoping to post some kick ass hunting stories real soon..headed out for moose..2 tags..plus bear tags plus deer tags plus grouse..
    My arguments are not with individual natives..they are people..my argument is with policies.
    Politicians. .and race based decisions..If in the same place would demand all I could get away with too..
    Cheers to Kamloops
    Steven

Just a heads up...BCTS is deactivating roads. Already seen where First Nations were blamed when it was BCTS. Hate to see folks pissed cause the rd has been pulled....when they have been bitching about to many roads..and it is the government doing it...oh to be a politician!
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

Quote Originally Posted by horshur View Post
    Just a heads up...BCTS is deactivating roads. Already seen where First Nations were blamed when it was BCTS. Hate to see folks pissed cause the rd has been pulled....when they have been bitching about to many roads..and it is the government doing it...oh to be a politician!
    Good point..however Raven, Mackin were indian caused, claimed..
    Govt would not do this at night trapping hunters, fishermen behind the mayhem.
    Steven
    Ps govt truly puts a road to bed..do it so it restricts everyone

all for taking out some roads to protect moose...
    road densitie is the biggest factor in survival for moose.

I hope everything stays on the cool , I am heading out on the 27th to vanderhoof and then south on the klus kus fsr to 6-01 . It would be shitty to make the drive to be blocked access.

Quote Originally Posted by bigneily View Post
    I hope everything stays on the cool , I am heading out on the 27th to vanderhoof and then south on the klus kus fsr to 6-01 . It would be shitty to make the drive to be blocked access.
    Hmm I think you will be fine the BC govt made it all better..whatever the $$$$$$ payoff..whatever the cost..millions? Or perhaps 50 thousand pounds of prime beef..or both..some sweetheart deal was done..crime does pay.
    Drive safetly, shoot straight..you, nor do we know what next year will bring.
    Srupp

Thanx srupp , I gotta say I am curious as to what they settled on for sure . Neil

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    Issue being, and point being made, is that if you drill thru the posts 80 to 90% of the folks on HBC have not contributed a hunting story, a picture, a trail cam video of a potential victim.

They debate.
    To think that HBC is a legitimate high level platform on politics......nuts.
    No one take my remarks personally as they are not directed at anyone specifically.

HBC stands for HUNTING BC and craves hunting content.
    I am not saying that some of the political issues we face, as outdoorsmen, are not extremely important.

What I am struggling with is that many hard core hunters, that could share so so much on OUR sport, do not visit this site.

Question is why is that if this is a hunting website.
    Answer is obvious.

Come on guys.....post some HUNTING shit.
    Ourea I would love to be able to post some hunting pictures and a story or two but have yet to make it out this year and I did not get an LEH draw for moose this year ! But I hear ya !

I think most HBC members try and acknowledge the success all the fine hunters here have that are able to harvest the great animals this province has to offer.
    Also to acknowledge the not so successful hunters that put in time and money to enjoy all that a hunt has to offer .
    Just a thought !
    Arctic Lake

Pretty simple to understand why there is less hunting content on here these days....by and large there are way less animals harvested.

as an example from a harvest stats paper I was reading

in 1987 42,526 hunters spent 338,482 days in the field and harvested 13,463 moose
    in 2014 30,172 hunters spent 261,667 days in the field and harvested 5,773 moose

30% less hunters spent 23% less time in the bush yet the harvest went down 58%

not hard to believe that downward trend has continued forward to today. I would also expect similiar stats for elk and deer.

Less critters taken = less "nice" ones taken = less posts. Lots of people won't post a story or photo unless they feel the animal is noteworthy
    "Do not go where the path may lead,
    go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Success and harvest never gets in the way of those that know what they are doing.

I hear ya on things getting a bit skinny out there these days but one has to roll

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea