Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Roadblocks starting NOW

Re: Roadblocks starting NOW

Quote Originally Posted by gcreek View Post
    Jelvis, lately you've been making some very good points. Many of the people living below poverty level seem to choose purchasing booze, drugs and smokes instead of food for their families. There is no colour difference in these choices either. The only way to rise up is to do it yourself by taking the first step. Excuses are like A holes, everybody has one.
    Agree 100% you’re life is what you make it and only you can improve it

Quote Originally Posted by Jelvis View Post
    Old Indian Prayer -- Oh Creator, let me never judge another warrior hunters life, until I walk a kilometer in his or her moccasins ----
    Jel -- The Creator and Rocko are watching you day and night with no fright -- it's outta sight --

Yup, sounds like the old "You don't understand" excuse so many use.

Can't go back n forth -- you have to make up your mind which side your on, jumping back n forth like native with no card?
    gFreak you gotta card?
    Jel - please don't play stoopid, just say yes or no, no maybe so and evading, yes or no Statys Card or Not? Waiting ????

Can't go back n forth -- you have to make up your mind which side your on, jumping back n forth like native with no card?
    gFreak you gotta card?
    Jel - please don't play stoopid, just say yes or no, no maybe so and evading, yes or no Statys Card or Not? Waiting ????
    Nope, no card. Nor have I ever been or ever will be eligible.

Have lived with Native friends and neighbors nearly my entire life. Been welcomed into their homes, went to school with, cowboyed, shared laughs and the odd beer with many and been called racist by some of them. Find it sad that peer pressure and lack of personal pride and responsibility prevents many from taking advantage of the abilities to better themselves through schooling and business opportunities that taxpayers like myself and many on this site provide. Too bad it's so much easier to pull the other guy down than give them a hand up.

Have seen firsthand how jealousy towards those who want to better themselves works on the Rez.

Old Indian Prayer -- Oh Creator, let me never judge another warrior hunters life, until I walk a kilometer in his or her moccasins ----
    Jel -- The Creator and Rocko are watching you day and night with no fright -- it's outta sight --
    Reminds me of the old quote from Mark Twain (paraphrase from memory) It's good to walk a mile in another man's shoes so that when he notices his shoes are gone, your at least a mile away ahead of him.

I think this issue is a prime example for why we need the BCPD back. If we want somebody to enforce BC law fairly it starts with having a police force accountable to Victoria not Ottawa. I have nothing personal at all again the fine officers of the RCMP but we need our own police force here in BC.

G -- What rez were you living by? Around Kamloops?
    Jel -- People of the rivers -- Twin Rivers --> Not all bands are the same also <--
    Last edited by Jelvis; 09-22-2018 at 02:06 PM. Reason: MULE DEER are thee perfect wild animal in the world

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    Get it started I will Contribute Money ! I am SURE lots others will too ! RJ
    I am in as well

---------Thee United Nations told Johnny and Justin to " Stop stalling, it's time to reconcile, no more crawling, with no denial, start the file. then we sort the pile "--
    The problem is that UNDRIP is only a resolution and is not binding.

Jelly, I work with FN’s, I call many my friends.... but the bottom line is this roadblock has absolutely nothing to do with growing more moose.

This roadblock or I should say cattlegaurd removal was nothing more than a political gesture....a muscle flexing attention getter.
    Guys like Joe do have to run for re-election and stunts like this are just one way to keep the penny looking shiny.

Shutting down some of the excess access in the Chilcotin is part of the solution... but dealing with excessive predation is another part of the fix....not just shutting down a portion of 2 legged predation.

Then we have the part of the problem that Joe and many of his people do not want to talk about....the continually growing feral horse population that is a direct competition with over wintering moose.
    These feral “shitters” have also been an ubundant alternate source of food to help feed that has helped to increase wolf numbers.
    Instead of looking at these horses as part of the problem they have become an icon to Chilcotin First Nations.

The big plus in the area of concern is that a lot of it burnt last year...the habitat restoration has started.. it just will take a couple years to kick in.

Reduce access, reduce predation, reduce competition and restore some habitat and there’ll be moose again.

Digging up cattlegaurds is like pissing in the wind.

Yup, drugs and alcohol don't discriminate based on color!
    As for the old days and schooling, why don't you ask my dad how they were treated back in school.
    Punished a lot, and physically, and verbally.
    Again, that was just how society felt school should be, and how discipline was to be prescribed.
    Again, discipline in school, didn't discriminate based on color, or where you live, here on in Europe or anywhere else.
    Boarding schools were common, and how everyone back then thought it should be back then.
    And being at war, well hell, you think that is something that only happen here in NA??
    And did the FN live peacefully amongst themselves.....ya, didn't think so!
    I think amends have been paid, and I ain't reconciliating anything any longer.
    I am done saying sorry, and it time for them to "grow up"!
    "Poor is me" is just shows weakness and no will to "get over it".
    Like no one else has never had that happen to them, or had to go thru it, or is going thru it.
    All about me, me, me....which is the same as wah , wah , wah!

One guy told me today that the Chiefs of the bands and their buds are keeping all the ca$h, cuz I ain't seeing any Hahahahahahahaha

--> Some Chiefs look tuff and ruff like Joe Alphonse looking like he's ready to rumble in the jungle and then you got female Chiefs that look like ahhh
    How do I say this ah, solid, and know what's going on, got voted in by the members -- can talk socially very well and attend group meetings and don't take shit.
    -----> Attractive also not like Joe Hahahahahahahahahahaha, sorry Joe lol -- some hunt also -- like you and I do.
    Jelz Belz ----------> Pickin my Bonaparte - in Heffley Crick -- up Louis Creek with Mule Deer Zeek -- Chooch Chooch Chooch Chua -- Lil Fart <--------ll-=
    Last edited by Jelvis; 09-22-2018 at 04:02 PM. Reason: MULE DEER are thee perfect wild animal in the world