Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Roadblocks starting NOW

Re: Roadblocks starting NOW

Quote Originally Posted by masoncade1992 View Post
    Start a legal action. If everyone on HBC put I ln some money, we could sue them. Easy peezy to start a civil claim. I would sue the crown for lack of involvement and the FN bands for ruining our legal rights and for harassment. I bet I could find some case law on the matter.
    Interesting idea. Would it be more effective to single out one particular FN band and the RCMP/CO's who are hired with taxpayers $$ to uphold the laws of this province ?
    Make a precedent setting case ....

If I had the money I would put the RCMP in said area on notice and put the FN band on notice. Then I would get all the people who hunt on the crown land make a personal decree on how the closure has affected them and their rights. If the case was won, keep the money in trust for any other legal battles .

End of the day the RCMP are tasked with protecting all citizens. We pay for that as tax payers. By turning a blind eye, they are not upholding their task. Sue them for not protecting us from harassment, sue the crown for bad wildlife management and sue the band harassing us. Can you imagine if a regular set of hunters dug a ditch and blocked them? We would get the electric chair and our hunting license removed for at least 5 years

Royal Canadian Mounted Police go by complaints from the public, no official complaint then on observation and patrol.
    -- If you decide to take on one particular Indian band or it's members or Chief you woody have to make an official complaint in your name and sign it.
    Jel -- RCMP go by complaints from the public, official ones -- not verbal complaints -- has to be written down on paper -- and John Henried!
    --------File started under your name, on computer now a daze --and on paper -- And other people in the World have the same name as you do so ahhhhh whaaa?
    -------- You against thee entire world basically -- you'd be financial broke in a month
    Last edited by Jelvis; 09-22-2018 at 08:58 AM. Reason: JUSTINE CASTROSIS

I had a buddy about 3-4 years back on a moose trip north of PG run into a FN road block. They went to nearest town to RCMP, they were told to go home, they disagreed and wanted to file complaint, they were told only one complaint allowed and it would be tossed after they left the building.

I know it will not solve anything but I am writting my local MLA and attaching both news articles with it. I will also being saying that this should be science based and not based on the feelinging and opinions of people.
    "Fight back, no battles have ever been won by a coward"

“Last year it escalated because of the 2017 fires and even then the government wanted to run a regular moose hunt. They should put out a prize for whoever shoots the last moose in the Chilcotin.”

Guaranteed it won't be a licensed tax paying hunter.

This shit is getting out of control.

And with a spineless provincial and federal gov it is only going to get worse. Parts of society are lawless operating with impunity. Utter nonsense.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Quote Originally Posted by masoncade1992 View Post
    Start a legal action. If everyone on HBC put I ln some money, we could sue them. Easy peezy to start a civil claim. I would sue the crown for lack of involvement and the FN bands for ruining our legal rights and for harassment. I bet I could find some case law on the matter.
    Get it started I will Contribute Money ! I am SURE lots others will too ! RJ

I phoned the RCMP about a new gate and sign on a FSR out of Lilloett a couple of yrs ago. Didnt fill out paperwork but gave info over the phone. RCMP called back and said gate was removed (it was) but not the sign as it was now claimed as "traditional" territory.I was told by both the RCMP and the CO, that I could hunt there, but if I had trouble with the natives to not call them. So much for my government protecting me,,,But Id do it again, Also,,put me down for donation to hire a lawyer.

ourea..They should put out a prize for whoever shoots the last moose in the Chilcotin.” /// jee that is great idea..what is gonna be the prize..?free seremonial fish from yahoo..