Thread: Proof people are setting B.C forests on fire (failed fire bomb attempt) - VIDEO

Exclamation Proof people are setting B.C forests on fire (failed fire bomb attempt) - VIDEO

Edit: Sorry, Video removed the guy who filmed and posted seems to have some mental issues.

Has anyone come across deliberately set fires in the bush? or something setup to deliberately burn out of control?

https://www.kelownanow.com/watercooler/news/news/Central_Okanagan/Police_believe_29_wildfire_in_the_Okanagan_were_ar son/
    The RCMP have released a shocking revelation of a suspected serial arsonist.
    Over the past four years, Police have reason to believe 29 suspicious fires were deliberately set in Naramata, Okanagan Falls, Osoyoos, Oliver, Penticton, Summerland and Lake Country, according to a statement released by the RCMP.

Last edited by Sirloin; 09-21-2018 at 02:38 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Proof people are setting B.C forests on fire (failed fire bomb attempt) - VIDEO

Isn’t there a FN org calling itself the “fire keepers” or something like that? Can’t find the article now.

Re: Proof people are setting B.C forests on fire (failed fire bomb attempt) - VIDEO

Sorry, but this dude who put out the video seems sketchy.

All you have to do is check out his other youtube postings, UFO's, New Jersey Devil, Microwave attack, but he has set up a Go Fund Me page if you want to help him out. https://www.gofundme.com/donate-to-me-techman-007

Quote Originally Posted by skibum View Post
    Sorry, but this dude who put out the video seems sketchy.
    Yeah I agree, hes very sketchy. Appears to be living out of a tent. Doesn't add any credibility to some real questions that need answers.
    I'll remove the video.

it IS going on though. Refer to the statement from the RCMP of 29 intentionally caused fires ^
    I cant understand the total lack of conversation about this in BC?
    After two of the worst fire seasons combined with the politics following the fires. Has anyone come across anything like this in the bush?

I myself last year came across a deliberately set fire on the base of a tree, during the driest month in a very dry area. There was no camp near by, no one was in the area and it appeared it was setup to cause a wildfire. I came by maybe 15 minutes after it was set.

Quote Originally Posted by emerson View Post
    Isn’t there a FN org calling itself the “fire keepers” or something like that? Can’t find the article now.
    I believe you are referring to this:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...fire-1.4205506
    The grandchildren of Annie Kruger remember her lighting an Export A Green cigarette, throwing on her logger's jacket and heading out to set fires near Penticton, B.C.

Before she died she was a firekeeper — as were generations before her in the Okanagan region of the province — and it was her job to use flames to purify the land by setting fire to berry bushes, hillsides and even mountains to renew growth and clear brush and create natural fireguards.

"Our family have been firekeepers for thousands of years," said Pierre Kruger, Annie's son.

Kruger cited several big fires he said his family started hundreds of years ago when lines of Kou-Skelowh people walked beating drums to warn wildlife before setting fire to what's now called Sylix territory.

"We warned the birds and four-leggeds," he said. "My mother taught us every fire is like a snowflake — no two are alike."

Annie kept up the tradition until she died in 2003.

By then, authorities had long cracked down on the practice, pushing fire prevention hard starting in the 1930s, in full-force after 1945. Fire became bad, something to battle or ban. Remember Smokey, the iconic bear who doused fire near forests?

Experts are urging provinces to adopt more Indigenous burning practices because the long crackdown on constructive burning has built up fodder for fires.

How much more is needed?

"How big is B.C.? That's how much should burn every 100 years," said Heathcott, who estimates that in every century prior to this one, most of our 95-million-hectare province burned.

It's not realistic to set fires on that scale in the 21st century, given that many forested areas are now in proximity to populated centres.

And nobody is advocating going back in time, but proponents like Heathcott say say more burning is needed.

A handful of First Nations groups are working to revive the lost practice of fire-keeping, but it's slow, said Pierre Kruger. "We have to re-educate people. None of our families' fires ever got away, but people don't understand fire anymore."

He says his grandmother's view of the megafires of today would be simple: people forgot to use fire.
    How reviving the aboriginal practice of controlled fires could be good for land and wildlife. This story was produced with the support of the Bill Lane Centre for American West
    http://www.cbc.ca/player/play/2392539513

Hmmm years ago Rainbow fire west chilcotin..individual observed riding a horse dragging a rope with a chain attatched with something on fire..he was riding through the woods lighting a fire as he went
    Individuals were applying for forest fighting positions..BEFORE the fire was reported..hmmmmmmm

Life is strange..
    Srupp

We had 4 fires this summer approximatly 50/52km north of Elkford. All 4 fires were slash piles next to the road, one after the other. Previous to this, same road, 3 more fires next to the road---slash piles. Lightning strikes ???????