Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Firearm carrying question??

Re: Firearm carrying question??

Its a new law now that a person has to carry there drivers L on them when hunting to prove that they are a BC resident..
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

I don't like to leave my wallet in my truck so usually have it by default, but have only ever worried about my license/ tags. CO's don't ask for your PAL, at least not in my experience

Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    It's a new law now that a person has to carry their drivers licence on them when hunting to prove that they are a BC resident.
    Your identity can also be proved with the BC Identity Card.

Quote Originally Posted by campking View Post
    Sorry for asking and this is the exact reason people tend to not post on here, anyways thanks for the help.
    campking , thats why I do not do much posting, as there are to many people out there that think they know everything and everybody else should know it also. I always told my apprentices that there is no such thing as a stupid question , but there is a lot of stupid answers !!! If you are not sure about some thing , phone the CO"s !!

This is what I got when I emailed the question....I was surprised they indicate they want the physical card...my question is at the bottom and their reply on top

Thank you for your correspondence.

You must have your actual valid PAL card on you while inpossession of a firearm.

If you have any further questions, you may email or callus at 1-800-731-4000.

Thank you
    Karri

RCMP | GRC
    Canadian Firearms Program | Programme canadien des armesà feu FSD Communications | Communications du PSMAF Call us TOLL FREE -1-800-731-4000│Appellez-nous SANS FRAIS -
    1-800-731-4000

Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm│Lundi au vendredi 9 heures-17heures Visit our website | Visitez notre site internet:
    www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf

MOVING ? Don'tforget to notify us of your new address | Vous DÉMÉNAGEZ ? Faites-nous part de votre nouvelle adresse.

This email and any files transmitted with it areprivileged, confidential, subject to copyright and intended solely for the useof the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. Any unauthorized use,copying, review or disclosure is prohibited under Sec. 7 of the Privacy Act.Please notify the sender immediately if you have received this communication inerror.

Ce courriel et tout document qui l'accompagne sontprotégés, confidentiels et assujettis aux droits d'auteur et ils sont destinésà l'usage exclusif de la personne ou de l'entité à qui ils s'adressent.
    Toute utilisation, copie ou communication ou tout examennon autorisés sont interdits en vertu de l'article 7 de la Loi sur laprotection des renseignements personnels. Veuillez informer immédiatementl'expéditeur si vous avez reçu ce courriel par erreur.

>>> xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>2018/09/21 2:02 PM
    >>>
    I have a question about what constitutes acceptable proofof being a PAL holder.
    Is a picture of your PAL (on your phone for example)sufficient or do you need the plastic card to be on your person while hunting(and in
    possession) of a non-restricted rifle ? is Regular IDproof enough?

Thanks
    XXXXX XXXX

Karri should read the Firearms Act.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!