Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Firearm carrying question??

Re: Firearm carrying question??

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/f...etaire-eng.htm

Exception

A licence is not necessary to borrow a firearm if the borrower remains under the direct and immediate supervision of a properly licensed adult aged 18 or older.

I would get the pic of your pal sent and hunt like usual....as a side note, of all the times I have talked to a CO in the woods, I have never been asked for my pal

Yeah - get the picture and hunt.
    If you have the picture and explain the situation and able to produce the real thing later, I think most co's would be ok. Not sure about the letter of the law but thats what I would.
    Also agree about reluctance to post - there's alot of tough guy egos and bullying on this forum

Jelvis said it best. Ignore the others.

Quote Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle View Post
    I would get the pic of your pal sent and hunt like usual....as a side note, of all the times I have talked to a CO in the woods, I have never been asked for my pal
    And they never will. I have asked a CO why they don't ask for a Pal after I tried to hand him mine when stopped and he told me he didn't want to see it. Just wanted my hunting license/tags. A Pal is federal and CO is Provincial which is why a CO will never ask to see your Pal. RCMP is the other way around. They will only want to see your Pal and won't ask for a hunting license.

I don't think my PAL or FAC has left my desk drawer. [ I suppose I',m hunting / gun carrying against the law? ] Nor have I been stopped by the rcmp so its never been an issue to me. to the OP: go enjoy your hunt this weekend.

some replies may seem salty, but this is kinda knowledge that people think should be a common sense.
    looks like common sense not so common these days
    no offense

You might want a friend with a valid PAL to transport your firearm back home with them and you pick it up later with your PAL.

Quote Originally Posted by Jelvis View Post
    campking good question, nothing wrong with asking HBC members first b4 going off on some search. There's always going to be members who like to use another to make a joke -- don't let them bother you, stick with members who understand -- "There are no stupid questions, ask hbc first, we are hunters first, "
    Jelly -- Make it as simple as we can, and then we understand --
    speaking of joke .
    BLACKRIFLESMATTER