Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Firearm carrying question??

Firearm carrying question??

I tried to research this and was having a hard time to get information so I thought I would ask Do I need to carry my actual PAL with me while I am transporting my rifle with me to go hunting or while I am hunting?
    Thanks!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Firearm carrying question??

You're wondering if you need to have your PAL on you when you are in possession of a firearm?

Your PAL instructor should've taught you that.

In Canada, since c68, it is illegal to posses a firearm. But, you are exempt if you posses a valid PAL.

When ever you are in possession of a fire arm. Don't matter whether your transporting it from on place or another or hunting. And like above, your instructor should have have taught you that

Doesn’t matter if an instructor taught that or not, it’s common sense. Do you need your drivers licence on you when you’re driving?

So if you were to get stopped and asked to produce your license, your response would be "I wasn't sure if I needed it"? Seriously just put it in your wallet with your drivers license and be on your way.

Sorry for asking and this is the exact reason people tend to not post on here, anyways thanks for the help.

Absolutely! When in possession of a firearm you must also have on your person a current PAL.
    Tight groups Safe hunts

so no exceptions eh? keyboard warriors! hmmmmmmm

campking good question, nothing wrong with asking HBC members first b4 going off on some search. There's always going to be members who like to use another to make a joke -- don't let them bother you, stick with members who understand -- "There are no stupid questions, ask hbc first, we are hunters first, "
    Jelly -- Make it as simple as we can, and then we understand --

Quote Originally Posted by Jelvis View Post
    campking good question, nothing wrong with asking HBC members first b4 going off on some search. There's always going to be members who like to use another to make a joke -- don't let them bother you, stick with members who understand -- "There are no stupid questions, ask hbc first, we are hunters first, "
    Jelly -- Make it as simple as we can, and then we understand --
    Thanks Jelvis
    Your right, the reason I asked is when I got to my cabin I realized I forgot the darn thing and I was going to call my daughter to send me a photo of it but probably not legal so 4 days watching TV sucks and please guys I know I screwed up!