Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Firearm carrying question??

Re: Firearm carrying question??

limit time -- whad are you trying to tell all the mambers here about jelly belly?
    Jelly --nooooh noo holy gotta go --

Quote Originally Posted by srthomas75 View Post
    I don't think my PAL or FAC has left my desk drawer. [ I suppose I',m hunting / gun carrying against the law? ] Nor have I been stopped by the rcmp so its never been an issue to me. to the OP: go enjoy your hunt this weekend.

Back when I was 19, I was heading home from Grandforks when I was pulled over for speeding in cranbrook. When the officer approached my truck he noticed the whole ( head still attached ) skinned out deer in my truck( ford ranger ). He asked if I had a valid hunting licence and/or firearms in the vehicle. He inspected my rifle( unloaded in an unlocked gun case, no trigger lock ) looked at my licence and tag then questioned where I got it and the reason it was only a 2pt. He let me go on my way after I explained that it was taken in a " any buck " zone in region 8 and that due to the heat I was trying to get home asap.

It might have been due to it being 2000 not 2018 or that it happened in cranbrook but he never asked if I had an FAC.
    Last edited by j270wsm; 09-21-2018 at 09:51 PM.

There is some terrible advice on here sometimes lol, it’s called a POSSESION license for a reason, I’m pretty sure most of the “I had such and such happen” responses are BS, if you get stopped with a gun and no license you’re for no to be in some kind of trouble.

i hunted all of 2011no pal no dl shot 3 deer immy moose and 2bears pulled over 3 times no issues lol

The guys telling you to go back to PAL school should actually do so themselves.

If you have a valid PAL you are breaking no law by having a firearm in your possession, hunting with a firearm or transporting it.

While it is far easier to carry your PAL in case you need to show it to a Peace officer, the worst that can happen is that your firearm is seized until you produce it. You can't get fined, ticketed, go to jail etc.

If I went on a hunting trip and forgot my PAL I would just go hunting.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle View Post
    Read my comments on this thread, it spells it out pretty good.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by campking View Post
    I tried to research this and was having a hard time to get information so I thought I would ask Do I need to carry my actual PAL with me while I am transporting my rifle with me to go hunting or while I am hunting?
    Thanks!
    we had a group of kids up at Cathy lake last spring. co asked to see fishing licenses and when they saw the .22 and rifle as we were going target practicing afterwards they asked my husband for his Pal. He pointed his finger at me and I produced my Pal and everything was good. You need to carry your Pal with you when your guns are near you at all times. A CO or a police officer can ask for it.

Took 5 seconds to find this with google.

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/faq/lic-per-eng.htm#b11

Quote Originally Posted by Drillbit View Post
    You're wondering if you need to have your PAL on you when you are in possession of a firearm?

Your PAL instructor should've taught you that.

In Canada, since c68, it is illegal to posses a firearm. But, you are exempt if you posses a valid PAL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunner View Post
    When ever you are in possession of a fire arm. Don't matter whether your transporting it from on place or another or hunting. And like above, your instructor should have have taught you that
    Quote Originally Posted by notyalc View Post
    Doesn’t matter if an instructor taught that or not, it’s common sense. Do you need your drivers licence on you when you’re driving?
    Quote Originally Posted by sumonda View Post
    So if you were to get stopped and asked to produce your license, your response would be "I wasn't sure if I needed it"? Seriously just put it in your wallet with your drivers license and be on your way.
    Same ignorant BS just a different bunch of keyboard warriors.

Seriously.....the guy just asked a question.

Like many, he may have thought that with the wealth of knowledge on HBC, why not just ask.
    But noooo.....he has to be criticized and made to feel stupid.
    This is one of the reason I have stayed away for a couple of years.
    Too many negative people.
    Looks like somethings will never change.

BTW....what is the name of that OTHER hunting forum that so many left here to join ?
    Just asking.....so don't shit down my neck.
    if people of color do it, it's "affirmative action" "civil rights", etc, etc. If a bunch of white folks do it....its "racist" and "hate speech" quote Willyqbc

Quote Originally Posted by Gateholio View Post
    The guys telling you to go back to PAL school should actually do so themselves.

If you have a valid PAL you are breaking no law by having a firearm in your possession, hunting with a firearm or transporting it.

While it is far easier to carry your PAL in case you need to show it to a Peace officer, the worst that can happen is that your firearm is seized until you produce it. You can't get fined, ticketed, go to jail etc.

If I went on a hunting trip and forgot my PAL I would just go hunting.
    Thanks i appreciate your response.
    I had my daughter text me a photo so I am going hunting!