Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3-30 last years fires

3-30 last years fires

I haven't been to Clinton since before last years fires. Has anyone been in that area between mound road and loon lake? I under stand there's no ORV's now. Just wondering if we should try a new spot. Thanks for any help

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 3-30 last years fires

I was just there this weekend drove from loon lake to mound rd it has greened up pretty good , some areas burnt worse than others but they are logging up there quite a few clearcut areas up top, didnt see a single animal but i drove it at 11 am.

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

I’m here right now, there logging 24/7 on the north end of the Loon Lake/Mounds road, we haven’t seen an animal here, not a grouse not even a coyote, did see 6 sheep and a collared doe with 3 fawns on the north side of Mounds Ranch

Have driven back and forth before daylight and after dark and still haven’t seen any deer or even a set of tracks in the mud crossing the roads ???

Ive never seen it this bleak, hopefully it’s just the 24/7 logging and or the shitty weather ? We’re actually switching areas today.
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Thanks for the report WF, are they logging the burn or new cuts, good luck only takes 1 to make it happen
    Avatar is for all the conspiracy theory nut bars, for all the crow they have to eat when everything implodes

I've never heard of someone who isn't vaccinated getting polio

Trump will win big time in 2020

Why is it that rednecks from Alberta can't get enough of men in dresses, they simply lose their shit

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Your welcome, They’re logging the burnt tree’s, I’m not sure there is any live Timber left on the plateau !
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Hmm thanks might be time to look for a different spot. Is 3-31 across the highway alright? I heard that there was a lot more private land on that side?

yup lots of prime hunting on the west side but gaining permission to hunt it is not easy,bucks migrate right thru those 2 mu's
    Pemby Quote: "Ah well ,cant be perfect" .... " sometimes i think that this tread is actually a wormhole to another dimension"

I have prolly hunted that area more than any other in BC...pretty sad to hear it is in such a state but as we all know, the green up will be a fantastic food source for awhile

The game is really sparse around Loon, usually see lots of deer around and now hardly any, fires probably pushed them out to another area?
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

I thought 3-30 was doing well, saw lots of mule deer, no 4 pt bucks lol but seen deer,we were north east in the region, but did hunt the south parts as well and seen deer in our go to spots.