Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3-30 last years fires

Re: 3-30 last years fires

its a bit early to hunt last years burns. Give them a few more years and they should be prime areas. The deer will move off any unburned area of the plateau (generally speaking) mid Oct weather depending. Yes there is always resident deer but the masses move into the lower fir stands, possibly even through them to the sage and lower fields. I love hunting early season in 3-30, 3-29. Not much use hanging around there when the rut hits though tbh unless you hoping for a spike fork
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

my biggest ever muley came from the plateau...huge bodied 3x4 with chocolate antlers... it was 2 days after a big snowfall though

Father-in-Law had nice 4pt walk through his property at Loon last week of August. Hasn't seen any deer since.

I know couple guys that got a double on two nice bucks out of there opening weekend.

Didn’t head up there that last couple seasons. But always had better success down Scottie creek or the west side of the highway round McLean lake. Clinton area has always been touch and go for us....
    Huntin, fishin, and lovin every day.

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Normally this time of year you would see dozens of deer on the Plateau, and tracks everywhere, I seen two does with fawns on the Loon Lake Road and one collared doe with three fawns on the north side of the mounds ranch,
    with the skidder and tree trimmer working all night long it’s pretty noisy on the NW end of the plateau

Very quiet for animals of any kind, with the extent of the burn there is no cover from rain or wind so likely in any of the surrounding areas like Darksith mentioned.

hopefully perks up in the next few weeks
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America