Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Base layer and boots

Re: Base layer and boots

Best boots that I got cost 199 plus tax( I think they may have been on sale) They were a Salomin gortex boots from sport check. lasted me about 10 years

Quote Originally Posted by Gone_Fishin_ View Post
    Highly recommend https://www.taigaworks.ca/Merino-Wool-c121

Cheap and durable stuff. A whole layering system cost me under 400$, merino t-shirt, merino long sleeve, merino zip pull over, fleece jacket, merino sweat pants. Cant go wrong for the price and quality.
    Thanks gone-fishin I will look at their website

Quote Originally Posted by Bunner View Post
    Best boots that I got cost 199 plus tax( I think they may have been on sale) They were a Salomin gortex boots from sport check. lasted me about 10 years
    If I could get 10 years out of a pair of boots I'd be happy! How did you find the thread while walking on slippery slopes rocks and snow?

Well thank you to all of your input and advice. Looks like I have some research to do. I'll hit up Costco Mark's and Sport Chek tomorrow and see what I can come up with.
    Thanks again for all the responses!
    Good luck to you all this season!

Under armour are a decent lightweight disposable boot. Order direct from the website. But...they are a lightweight disposable boot. They're not a Lowa, Scarpa, Hanwag, etc.
    But if you want to stay in the $200 range, they'll keep your feet dry....for awhile.

See if you can double the budget though. I started with UA browtines. Blew em out, got elk trackers, which were a heavy, wet, shitty boot. Now have Lowa tibet gtx, which are great for hiking, but they aren't exactly comfy for just wearing, hopping in and out of the truck, etc.

Biggest deal though, is they them all on!!
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.