Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Stuck in the mud, now what?

Whonnock for 19 years, Mission for 46 years

Re: Stuck in the mud, now what?

The "Off-Grid" rope and logs winch is ingenious...but if trying to pull a heavy or really bogged down
    vehicle you'll need a much stronger rope.
    As for tying trees together...I've done that. Got bogged down in loose sand and my winch cable and extra
    gear was far too short to reach the nearest anchor point. Rather than spend hours digging a "deadman",
    I cut down two long pole trees, chained them together and I was just able to reach.

Re: Stuck in the mud, now what?

a bottle jack, a chainsaw, a 3L water bladder and perciverance....

i got sucked in, blew a bead/valvestem on my front drivers tire.

used a rachet strap to keep the suspenion tight, cut about 16 rounds of varying thicknesses then proceeded to jack. got the rear tire up out of the mud, a couple rounds under the dif to hold it up, cut a 6' log in half to use as a "bridge" placed it under rear tire and set truck back down... frame was out of the mud, tire sunk a bit but was supported. racheted the front dif up tight to the frame on the front (coil springs on a dodge) and lifte from under the truck off the frame, close to the transfer case... this took a LONG time but i was 75km out in the middle of nowhere... got the popped tire off, put on my spare and stacked another couple half logs under the front tire... hit 3krpm and gunned it in 3rd gear low range and got out....
    "Golf, what a waste of a perfectly good rifle range"

I'm the one sitting in the cut block glassing all the animals you spooked and didnt see because you dont get out of your truck

13yrs and counting in Canadian Oil & Gas...