Thread: Meadow Lake Road

Meadow Lake Road

Hi Fellas
    Last summer while camping at Green Lake we took a trip down Raphael Road to the West ,past Pollard Lake Alberta Lake and then past Meadow Lake . What's the deer hunting like down that way Mu 3-31. I noticed some cabins for rent also.
    Any help would be appreciated we know some people in 70 mile . Also around Cunningham Lake which I think is in 5-2
    Thanks
    Arctic Lake

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Meadow Lake Road

I see deer there all the time. Sometimes less, sometimes more. Have killed a couple dinks. My daughter missed a chance at a whitetail buck a couple years back. So there’s that possibility too.

It it also seems to me they migrate out of there a little later. Don’t think I ever saw a deer in that country when I coyote hunt around Christmas.

Whonnock for 19 years, Mission for 46 years

Getting to be more and more private property along Meadow Creek road where I see deer, mainly does and young stuff.

Thanks for the replies fellas I appreciate it ! If anyone else has info please feel free.
    I have mentioned we know some locals in 70 mile but they are not hunters so any decent spots around there ? What about carrying on past Green Lake on the Bonaparte Road past Tincup Lake .
    Guess I'm in Jelvis country now .
    Thanks
    Arctic Lake

The Elephant Hill fire stretched up into that part of the world, so anywhere around Young Lake will likely be poor for a while. They’ve been logging pretty hard in the Eagan/Bonaparte plateau for a number of years, almost unrecognizable from less than 10 years ago. Still, I’m sure there are critters around if you look hard enough.
    CranePete

Whonnock for 19 years, Mission for 46 years

Quote Originally Posted by CranePete View Post
    The Elephant Hill fire stretched up into that part of the world, so anywhere around Young Lake will likely be poor for a while. They’ve been logging pretty hard in the Eagan/Bonaparte plateau for a number of years, almost unrecognizable from less than 10 years ago. Still, I’m sure there are critters around if you look hard enough.
    CranePete
    Last time I was in the Eagan/Bonaparte area was 2 years ago and couldn't believe the amount of logging
    that has taken place...and was still going on. It was extremely foggy and snowing which made things
    difficult and although I didn't get anything with my bow, I saw a couple of decent bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Lake View Post
    Thanks for the replies fellas I appreciate it ! If anyone else has info please feel free.
    I have mentioned we know some locals in 70 mile but they are not hunters so any decent spots around there ? What about carrying on past Green Lake on the Bonaparte Road past Tincup Lake .
    Guess I'm in Jelvis country now .
    Thanks
    Arctic Lake
    Theres a Band of Whiteys living around Eagan lake and a Bit West of Eagan towards Little Watch lake - A few mulies thru there BUT the Fire burnt it up pretty BAD all thru there ! RJ

Quote Originally Posted by Big Lew View Post
    Last time I was in the Eagan/Bonaparte area was 2 years ago and couldn't believe the amount of logging
    that has taken place...and was still going on. It was extremely foggy and snowing which made things
    difficult and although I didn't get anything with my bow, I saw a couple of decent bucks.
    They - the Loggers have pretty much CLEAR cut the Whole friggin area ! RJ