Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bass pro shop buying access to closed fishing areas from natives

Re: Bass pro shop buying access to closed fishing areas from natives

'In a letter to DFO, BC Wildlife Federation President Harvey Andrusak called for a transparent investigation into the possible abuse of First Nations fishing rights by non-Indigenous people. “It has the potential to seriously undermine the regulatory framework for angling and hunting in B.C.…beyond just fishing,” he wrote.'

Blame it on the white guys, nothing to do with the natives selling their right to fish illegally to the highest bidder.
    'The bible says the end is coming soon, I hope I get my cabin built by then'
    Richard ‘Dick’ Proenekke

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    When possible, I always buy from Reliable or Italian in the LM.
    Yes, I go to Cabelas or Bass Pro, but just to try on sizes etc, or get ideas.
    Places like Berry's or local fly fishing shops for that activity.

Support you "small family guys" when you can folks.
    Agree with this. Last time I was in Bass Pro looking for waders for my son the sales person did not know the difference between neoprene and goretex. Was trying to convince me a pair of Simms G3 waders ($630) would be perfect for an 11 year old duck hunting. Apparently knew nothing about that either. Avoid unless kicking tires or you enjoy interacting with the clueless.

You can buy all the illegimate access you want, but if you're not native and you're caught fishing in a closed area, you could be heading to jail...Hell, there were 5 deer in my front lawn last week. Anyone want to buy permission to hunt my yard in Kamloops city limits? It isn't legal, but it's my property, and you have my permission...
    Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets...

Quote Originally Posted by knothead View Post
    'In a letter to DFO, BC Wildlife Federation President Harvey Andrusak called for a transparent investigation into the possible abuse of First Nations fishing rights by non-Indigenous people. “It has the potential to seriously undermine the regulatory framework for angling and hunting in B.C.…beyond just fishing,” he wrote.'

Blame it on the white guys, nothing to do with the natives selling their right to fish illegally to the highest bidder.
    This brings up another topic I just had with "FN selling out" to the highest bidder.
    Example is KM pipeline.
    Most Bands effected by the pipeline, have agree (should I say, negotiated a price) to say yes.
    But then you have a band like Squamish, who are not directly impacted, creating a stink (because they didn't see any cash!).
    In turn, they have a lot of Anti supporters standing next to them.
    Seems like one big happy family.
    BUT, once somebody (the turd) hands them some money, that band will then have "sold out" and will agree to KM.
    Thus, leaving their non fn anti friends in the dust!
    IT won't be long till many anti's realize, that using FN Band in direct support of many of their causes, is nothing more
    then a Sharad!.
    In other words, eventually that marriage will end in a divorce.
    Unfortunately, until that realization is seen, we have to absorb all the BS.
    Don't expect guys like Heyman to come to the rescue, or Trudeau.
    The Anti's have no clue who their friends and supporters really are.
    The few they have one day.

Quote Originally Posted by knothead View Post

Agreed. Even the title of this thread is funny. How about the issue of who's selling the access, rather than who's buying it...

Make too much of a stink about " who s selling the access " and our government instead of just turning a blind eye again may have to give the official rights to FN s, enabling them to lease out "their" gov't given resources to us white foreigners. They can call it " Food Lease ".
    Unless FN s rights start to negatively effect the lives of the privileged and wealthy who control and manipulate the decisions in this country , us blue collard white outdoors-men ( women ) can continue to bend over, cause nothing is going to change. In other words the majority in this country ( especially those living in our major cities ) have nothing to loose by handing over all our resources and back country to the FN s . Im sure most these people also feel morally superior in doing so .

The Beginning of the End for guys like me who just want to put fish on the table... Id be surprised if we see a retention fishery for Rod anglers on the Skeena again.

note this in the 1763 royal proclamation...FN may only sell their land to the crown...it implies natives chiefs cant be trusted and would sell out/be bribed out of their lands

Royal Proclamation, 1763

What is the Royal Proclamation?

The Royal Proclamation is a document that set out guidelines for European settlement of Aboriginal territories in what is now North America. The Royal Proclamation was initially issued by King George III in 1763 to officially claim British territory in North America after Britain won the Seven Years War. In the Royal Proclamation, ownership over North America is issued to King George. However, the Royal Proclamation explicitly states that Aboriginal title has existed and continues to exist, and that all land would be considered Aboriginal land until ceded by treaty. The Proclamation forbade settlers from claiming land from the Aboriginal occupants, unless it has been first bought by the Crown and then sold to the settlers. The Royal Proclamation further sets out that only the Crown can buy land from First Nations.

When sensitive salmon stocks are allowed to be exploited by some with impunity, yet other groups are prohibited.... it's sanctioned insanity.

I support FN's right to natural resources but I do not support, in any capacity, exploitation and zero accountability.

The message is loud and clear to one user group......do what you want.....kill the last moose....net the last few salmon in a river......all good. A recreational taxpaying licensed angler/hunter gets his gear confiscated and a fine. Seems fair to me.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Sockeye is thee only salmon worth eating the rest tastes fishy --
    Jel -- A sock in thee eye folks ----
    Last edited by Jelvis; 09-20-2018 at 01:17 PM. Reason: JUSTINE CASTROSIS