Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2018 waterfowl pics and reports.

Re: 2018 waterfowl pics and reports.

Any one out for geese right now? Just curious if much is moving around?

Going tomorrow ! I’ll let ya know how it goes

Ended up with only 3. Live decoys in the next field over were more attractive i guess lol

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Ended up with only 3. Live decoys in the next field over were more attractive i guess lol
    I would be good with 3...but I have low expectations lol. Better than getting skunked

thanks for the update

Went to Brunswick yesterday for snowies. No luck. Too bad ducks weren't open because they were in the hundreds. Snowies were skirting Brunswick either going from Riefel to the farmlands across Canoe pass or going from the coal terminal water to the farm lands. A big flock did that but from what I see there isn't a lot of place to set up dekes on the SE side of Brunswick and be legal... ?

Wet and cold! I should have brought another mid-layer as I pulled up stakes around 10 (which is when there was more activity but by then I was already at the car).

Quote Originally Posted by silveragent View Post
    Went to Brunswick yesterday for snowies. No luck. Too bad ducks weren't open because they were in the hundreds. Snowies were skirting Brunswick either going from Riefel to the farmlands across Canoe pass or going from the coal terminal water to the farm lands. A big flock did that but from what I see there isn't a lot of place to set up dekes on the SE side of Brunswick and be legal... ?

Wet and cold! I should have brought another mid-layer as I pulled up stakes around 10 (which is when there was more activity but by then I was already at the car).
    It was a chilly day yesterday. I live in Pitt Meadows by the airport and walking my dog there are hundreds of Canada’s in the airport field. I would like to go out to Ladner one day but I’m nervous as I really don’t know where to go and I don’t want to end up in the wrong spot. One day I’ll give it a shot and cross my fingers haha

Last Saturday - too beautiful weather - all I got was a nap! Not a snowie in sight at Brunswick. Just ducks and swans. Sad there is no spring duck season as they were plentiful.

Sunday my buddies reported the same. No snowies there.

Final day of snowies at Brunswick on Sunday. Had one opportunity at a flight but it was just out of range so nothing. Another flight considered coming down but something they didn't like about us and kept on going. On the same day three years ago I had potted three so I was reasonably hopeful but on this day - clear sunny - it was not a good end to a spring shoot where snowies were pretty absent. Environment Canada showed numbers were down quite a bit from last year due to a bad hatch. I hope this is not the pattern going forward.

Still had a nice time in the sun with friends and we played with our friend's toller who he is trying to train up for duck season in the fall - where we had a lot more success.

What were the environment Canada numbers 3 years ago?
    FULLY AUTOMATIC MANURE FLINGER

I'm trying to find the last numbers given with the last survey they sent but I'm at work so here are some historical numbers for our area:

2017: Report 49: Fraser–Skagit "The 2016–2017 mid-winter population was estimated at 99 000 birds, with25% of the birds being young"

2015: Report 45: Fraser–Skagit "The 2014–2015 wintering population was estimated at 64 630 birds, with8.5% of the birds being young"