Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My wife's 1st big game animal (video)

Re: My wife's 1st big game animal (video)

Quote Originally Posted by rattling_junkie View Post
    Thanks guys....Caddisguy, about 40%of the bears I’ve shot have death moaned. The one. I killed on Friday did a loud one as well, but my audio failed. Maybe it’s because I shoot them with a broadhead and not a bullet? I don’t know why they do it certain times and not others.
    That could be. I haven't went after them with a bow yet and most of them drop instantly. I did have a double-lung-and-spine once (magic bullet?) where the bear tried to run but couldn't move... went on a few seconds. Another I accidentally shot in the liver that had time to moan. Never a vocalization.

What an odd sound. Come to think of it, I did hear a sound like that way up top of a huge cut block one spring. It would moan for a few seconds every 30-60 seconds or so. It went on the whole time we were there (maybe 10-15 mins) ... thought maybe it was a dying moose but now I wonder if it was a bear.

I also make that sound when I get up and have to go to work... or the next day after I eat a couple pounds of extra hot wings.

Re: My wife's 1st big game animal (video)

^^^I think we all moan when we have to get to work. I've also had 2 elk that I've killed do a death moan, both with archery gear.