Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Road Easements

Re: Road Easements

An easement is essentially granting right of trespass to a named party for a specific purpose. Not to be confused with a gazetted road, which is 100% public access.

Quote Originally Posted by CranePete View Post
    An easement is essentially granting right of trespass to a named party for a specific purpose. Not to be confused with a gazetted road, which is 100% public access.
    But a easement is between agreed parties. Usually.......

Quote Originally Posted by S.W.A.T. View Post
    But a easement is between agreed parties. Usually.......
    Well, I’m neither a lawyer nor a surveyor, but I think you’re answering your own question. An easement is granted on PRIVATE property. Should you wish to access an easement, you should discuss it with the owner of the property. My opinion...
    CranePete

Is it you want to walk through to access crown land?

If so have you tried asking permission from the property owners?

I have found some property owners have no issue granting permission to cross their land to access crown if you are on foot. If they have had a lot of issues with trespassing they can be jaded and unwilling to grant permission though. I have found it much easier to get permission to cross private land to access crown then get permission to hunt private land

Its surprising how just being respectful and asking can open up options but if they area has a history of trespassing or people shooting on private land without permission it can be difficult