Thread: Radioddity brand radios - experience ?

Radioddity brand radios - experience ?

Hey all!

After spending a few years with Baofeng radios and just getting sick of them dying, I am thinking of trying some of the in-house brand radios made by RadioOddity.com - any experience out there ?

I want something good for hunting, easily programmable, hopefully with a good truck antenna option and that damn well WORKS and keeps working! I don't expect insane range but the baofengs just seem to quit after a while...

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Radioddity brand radios - experience ?

I wonder how you use your Baofeng,hat causes them to fail like that.
    Also I know that there are a lot of counterfeit Baofeng on Amazon, my group has received 3 conterfeits over the last 4 years.
    I have a Raddioditty gd-77, but I haven't had it that long

Puxing 777. Have 4 of em. 5k easy on low power get close to 30 hrs on standby 20+ with on off use. 4 years old still going.
    No one on their death bed ever said; I should have spent more time at work.

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Puxing 777. Have 4 of em. 5k easy on low power get close to 30 hrs on standby 20+ with on off use. 4 years old still going.
    X2 Also have had 4 Puxing 777's for at least 7 years now. Besides using them as excellent handhelds. I installed RR channels in them. With the 16" magnetic antenna with cable attached mounted to roof of my truck, available on Amazon for about $12.00. Allows me to stay in contact with my hunting partners using my Icom 2200H mobile radio while using a Puxing handheld as my RR radio at the same time. The small mag roof antenna really, really extends the trans/receive range of the handheld.
    777's come with 1200mah rechargeable battery. Also a 1600mah battery available. It's Slightly thicker but still fits in the factory recharge base.

I would encourage anyone using these radios to get their amateur radio license
    New Zealand has banned these radios and the FCC has just made them illegal in the USA due to ongoing misuse and unlicensed use.
    The link that I posted on another thread shows that Industry Canada is also concerned

I hope we as responsible end users can get the government to change these regulations so that these radios can be used to monitor RR frequencies as it is clearly a safety issue, but improper use by unlicensed users is making this difficult