Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Tunkwa

Re: Tunkwa

Quote Originally Posted by weatherby_man View Post
    I still enjoy hunting there in late Nov into early Dec.. Seems a lot more sane at that time of year and I've harvested some nice 4 pt muleys out of that area.
    Once any buck / any doe closes the vast majority of weekend warriors are done for the season. I much prefer doing my hunting in November / December but I'll still go out a few times a week Sept / Oct ! Never know when and where the big guys will be.

Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    Once any buck / any doe closes the vast majority of weekend warriors are done for the season. I much prefer doing my hunting in November / December but I'll still go out a few times a week Sept / Oct ! Never know when and where the big guys will be.
    yup, true, but when they shut down R5 from 10-20th November, things get real busy again!
    That being said, will be interesting to see the difference now with 1 MD limit??

Quote Originally Posted by Jelvis View Post
    Trophy size antlers 175 minimum and over Rover.
    First turn right on old old Hwy as up above --- Mule Deer Bucks --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Jelly - The Savona - Tunkwa Lake Ridge runner -- >
    jesus...who believes this guy?
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

=-ll-----> " I personally along with Jocko and Roxy, endorse this lil valley explained above off the Hwy 1 just East Of the lil gorgeous community of Savona, you have to witness the beauty of pure mule deer country, compared only to Wyoming or Montana for excellence of Mother Nature's many blessings."
    =//------> Jack O'conner knew about this The Summer Range road and went wild, he snuck in and stalked and walked his butt off and connected to a monster mule. 250 pounds gutted out, made 198 " and everyone saw Jack off, at the Kammy airport. " The Durand Lake Road " is the one with the bucks as above posts --
    Jelly Jack Oh Conner -- Durand Lake Road for a Toad! -- Blue grouse the size of small turkey's -- pure white breast meat two inches thick at the breast bone -
    Last edited by Jelvis; 09-20-2018 at 06:55 PM. Reason: MULE DEER are thee perfect wild animal in the world

Lol .... it's obvious Jelvis hasnt been to Tunkwa in about 30-40 years.

I have been all over as I book a cabin at mile high almost every year for a couple days and go chill with my dad.

I have never seen a "big" buck up there hanging at mile high or at tunkwa meat sheds.

Not saying they dont exist because that would be a foolish claim to make with no proof just saying that if you are planning to go and follow Jels advice you will be in a world of disappointment

That area is pure freezer buck country now days and 99% of hunters up there are freezer buck hunters.

Tunkwa's ok but stick closer to Kamloops and you'll do better
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

Quote Originally Posted by huntcoop View Post
    As a retiree you should be saving your money, nothing wrong with the 'ol big brown baby!
    Ha ha been a great truck but i have over 300,000 km so time for a new ride, need to be styling as a grey haired old retired dude
    Last edited by Piperdown; 09-21-2018 at 01:26 PM.
    Avatar is for all the conspiracy theory nut bars, for all the crow they have to eat when everything implodes

I've never heard of someone who isn't vaccinated getting polio

Trump will win big time in 2020

Why is it that rednecks from Alberta can't get enough of men in dresses, they simply lose their shit

If an area is as well known is tunkwa expect lots of hunters and pressure

Want to see less pressure don’t hunt commonly recommended area. If you hear of a spot once it might have Good game numbers if you hear of it multiple times you will find a spot with lots of hunters lol.

Personally I would not put in the effort into tunkwa because of its busy nature but is there a chance that the reason the hunt did not go well was lack of knowledge of the area and maybe poor choice of tactics.

How far you walk means nothing if it’s in the wrong area or walking in a manner that spooks game

Not trying to be a dick but often there is more to it then just the spot but no doubt can be part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Piperdown View Post
    ....need to be styling as a grey haired old retired dude
    I guess in 20 years I'm screwed
    Proud Member of Team Gold Bond

Originally Posted by F***** D***
    some "people" tend to use the paneling in the living room to fuel their fires.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    I think I do perrty good for only having grad 7 education

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    Lol .... it's obvious Jelvis hasnt been to Tunkwa in about 30-40 years.

I have been all over as I book a cabin at mile high almost every year for a couple days and go chill with my dad.

I have never seen a "big" buck up there hanging at mile high or at tunkwa meat sheds.

Not saying they dont exist because that would be a foolish claim to make with no proof just saying that if you are planning to go and follow Jels advice you will be in a world of disappointment

That area is pure freezer buck country now days and 99% of hunters up there are freezer buck hunters.
    I have seen the odd decent deer come out of there, definitely not 175 minimum haha. If anyone is gonna think that there is any place in BC you can just walk in and shoot a book deer you are kidding yourself. A big deer comes out of Tunkwa area like once every 3 year. Yup its mostly freezer fillers. Lots of other places to put your effort in that will produce more sightings of deer. The biggest thing is to understand where the majority of the deer are and when. Where do they live in the summer, when do they move to wintering grounds, what are their wintering grounds, where is it hard to get to if you are a hunter. These things will lead you to successful deer hunting, but if you want to shoot a big buck that makes the book you better get used to eating tag soup. I hunt hard, I live in Kamloops and I hunt in a variety of spots. I have book deer on my trail cams, not many but a couple. Ive never been lucky enough to see one in person yet though. Mule deer for the most part move around so its all luck. WT can be patterned a little bit but that takes serious time and effort and then patience. Any place the jelvis has mentioned comes out of a book that is 20 years old and those fathers have taught their kids where to hunt who have told their friends. And besides that the forest ages and things change. Look for burns that are 3-6 years old, thats a great place to find good deer numbers.
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member