Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Tunkwa

Re: Tunkwa

Just got back from tunkwa and got a nice 2 by 2 buck and a number of grouse and saw lots of does

Quote Originally Posted by fudge View Post
    Just got back from tunkwa and got a nice 2 by 2 buck and a number of grouse and saw lots of does
    Aw crap, I was saving that guy for next year. No - seriously, great job when you can get one out and have nice weather to boot.

I hate when i'm watching some asshat finally see me and immediately points his gun at me!!! I start yelling and cursing pretty darn fast.

Quote Originally Posted by fudge View Post

Congratulations, we got a whitetail doe, but saw only one grouse. Pretty warm out there, lots of traffic on the weekend...

Ya there was alot of people. We saw everything High. And everybody that stayed in their trucks or quads all said they said they saw nothing you got to put miles on your boots

Glassing from up really high, 10km down the road from Tunkwa: Whitetail out in in a farmers field at 10:30am playing around. I was hunting mulie in the cliffs.

Driving pass Tunkwa at 5:30am: deer sprinting as fast as they could to the trees. I wasn't going at road hunting speed, just getting from one spot to another.

Two days apart last week. Tells you where the pressure is.

Quote Originally Posted by Jelvis View Post
    =-ll--------> " A long time ago The Wallichin Warrior, came outta French Bar and found the spot to get Trophy Muley Buckatoids.
    ------------------>
    Savona - Tunkwa Lake

The Summer Range road you can see it just east of Savona, on Hwy 1, it leaves Hwy 1, following ( the old Trans Canada Hwy ) uphill, ( you can still see the old pavement all broken up } Take note here: First turn-off right from thee old Hwy , just above the steepest hill, runs up thru ranch land by a small creek.
    =-ll---------------> " Ridges on either side of this small valley, good muley and huge blue grouse, the size of small turkey's, depends how far you wish to hike.
    ---------------------------------------------- This is where you go for monster mule deer bucks, Trophy size antlers 175 minimum and over Rover.
    First turn right on old old Hwy as up above --- Mule Deer Bucks --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Jelly - The Savona - Tunkwa Lake Ridge runner -- >
    Having Lived just out of Walhachin on Lord Angelsey Ranch Road, I can attest to BIG bucks coming down once the snow hits high.
    And the deer do drop into the alfalfa fields on the south side of the river for sure...blanket the fields