Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tunkwa

Re: Tunkwa

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    My understanding is, many of the deer come over the top and down into the farmers fields around Logan Lake just
    before nightfall.
    The closer we get to winter (Nov/Dec), the more that happens.
    Deer aren't stupid.
    Probably where some of the higher concentrations are, if you ask me.
    I heard the same but that they drop the other way toward Savona ....

Quote Originally Posted by bcshadow View Post
    Hi, spent the weekend at tunkwa, .... if i had a dollar for every hunter i saw...

Finally!.... I saw a whitetail buck,.... he smiled at me I think, as he raced across tunkwa lake road i to the bush at 6:30am.....

Saw one cougar on the powerline and two coyote, oh and I did see a few mule does.

Had a great time still, but Given the large number of hunters, Ithink this is tough to hunt.... before you say it .. I did over 100k on trails but no 4 point mule and no other whitetail bucks
    Keep following Jelvis's posts if you want to see a lot of hunters and few animals. Good luck out there, Kamloops is a real busy place because we are so close to the LML. Get away from the crowds by going to clearwater or Spences Bridge
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

Darksith won't see a mule deer buck standing out in thee open like her Avatar around Tunkwa - Hahahahaha - not very experienced?
    Dream land Hahahaha -- it's ok girl keep reading hbc and eventually the truth will help you HBC is thee best hunting site in North America!
    Jel -- Duran Creek Zeke for dah big boys -- DOOOO Ran DOOOO Ran -- monster buckatoids --
    --------More detail later on where to connect with that Trophy buck near Savano Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aa?
    ----secret? Look up Wallachin - Walla Sheen - on your BC Back Roads Map Book! For now, don't get too much buck fever going on yet, we got the big boys in here.
    Last edited by Jelvis; 09-19-2018 at 01:52 PM. Reason: Stay Active -- move move move

The moment you put Jelly on your ignore list the better the site becomes
    Avatar is for all the conspiracy theory nut bars, for all the crow they have to eat when everything implodes

I've never heard of someone who isn't vaccinated getting polio

Trump will win big time in 2020

Why is it that rednecks from Alberta can't get enough of men in dresses, they simply lose their shit

You wouldn't have the guts to say that my face woody yah? Sorry if Dark is your sister dint mean to be rude -- my middle name is Rick so I get Rude once in a ?
    Jel? Just jokin don't get me banned! Piperdon - Hahahahahaha hold noooooo heu its rock ooo ahhh wjanooo got to go i hop u leev in kammy ahhh whha
    --- I see your sister Dark lives in Kammy and proud to show where she lives, how bout chew Pipperdon? You live in Kammy Double Wammy? too ------
    Last edited by Jelvis; 09-19-2018 at 02:36 PM. Reason: THE KING IS GONE but he's not forgotten is this the story of johnny rotten

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    I heard the same but that they drop the other way toward Savona ....
    Very possible.
    I only go with what others who have knowledge of the area have seen, but like you say, they could go the other way as well.
    Last season, came down the FSR, just before the highway, and look into the famers filed between highway and big river, and
    there are 20+ deer just grazing away.
    And I was thinking, well maybe they are bedding across the highway towards me.
    Nope, they were bedding between the filed and the river!!
    So, too close to the highway and property to hunt.
    The perfect "safe haven".
    They aint stupid.

Place isn't the same with out Jelly around. Don't ignore him. Enjoy him. More often then not he speaks the truth; if you are able to sort through it it to find it.

As for Tunkwa, they are there but are sort of like ghosts. You gotta believe they are there; most hunts won't come up with anything, you will doubt, then suddenly there it is right in front of you.
    I don't shoot innocent animals... Just the ones that look guilty!

this spot has late season, ------------> has the trophy bucks late season, after big snow up top brings em down to breed in the valley.
    Jel -- The Summer Range road leaves Hwy 1, just east of Savano -- drive up and see for yourself -- bigger bucks in here for some strange reason?

=-ll--------> " A long time ago The Wallichin Warrior, came outta French Bar and found the spot to get Trophy Muley Buckatoids.
    ------------------>
    Savona - Tunkwa Lake

The Summer Range road you can see it just east of Savona, on Hwy 1, it leaves Hwy 1, following ( the old Trans Canada Hwy ) uphill, ( you can still see the old pavement all broken up } Take note here: First turn-off right from thee old Hwy , just above the steepest hill, runs up thru ranch land by a small creek.
    =-ll---------------> " Ridges on either side of this small valley, good muley and huge blue grouse, the size of small turkey's, depends how far you wish to hike.
    ---------------------------------------------- This is where you go for monster mule deer bucks, Trophy size antlers 175 minimum and over Rover.
    First turn right on old old Hwy as up above --- Mule Deer Bucks --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Jelly - The Savona - Tunkwa Lake Ridge runner -- >

Quote Originally Posted by SR80 View Post
    tunkwa lake...the land of big mulies, whiteys and immature moose

LMFFAO ! Land of way to MANY Hunters ! RJ