Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: First Nations Pit Lamping?

Re: First Nations Pit Lamping?

That’s ok this weekend here some of the natives went into a sheep conservancy where there is no sheep hunting and shot sheep. Never ends

I have never pit lamped any animule in my entire life, and have never seen an Indian buddy pit lamp either.
    -- I don't promote it here in Kamloops area, maybe way up north to Alaska butt not here in beauty Kammy Land, no Indian I know has used a pit lamp ever or a no go for me.
    --- When you drive down or up to hunt in the morning in the dark, you have 30 minutes b4 sunrise and 30 minutes after sunset and you can get that on your cell.
    If you shoot b4 that or after your a pit lamper at full speed.
    Jel - no matter what race you are your breaking the Ministry rules, if you shoot in the dark with the lights from your vee hic cal. BC Hunting Regulations 2018 --
    --------------Read your rules in the Ministry's Regulations on when your allowed to shoot a deer, in the early morning and at dusk? This is important for
    1. Safety reasons, can't see in the bush behind
    2. illegal - not only a BC Hunting REG offence , butt now a Firearms offence involving thee R.C.M.P. investigation team, and some R really mean!
    3. not what a real hunter woody do and feel good about it, guilty feeling. Like a cheater a loser in the back of the C.O.s cruiser. You get the picture?
    4. udders find out you got your record buck in the dark, you lose record in the books, imagine how that looks?
    5. cood have a vehicle accident when in a state of " Buck Fever " and your hands on the lever. Like a dropped ball by a NFL receiver.
    Jel -- Brad Pitt is the only one who can carry a lamp at night -- If I had Johnny's Ca$h and Charley's Pride, I wouldn't have a Buck Owen!
    Last edited by Jelvis; 09-17-2018 at 07:11 PM. Reason: Hello I'm Johnny Ca$h

I totally condemn this behaviour. I am pretty sure most native hunters do as well.

Court said the men's treaty rights, in this case,prevail over provincial law.
    That's bullshit, Flashlights and firearms are not traditional.

My suggestion (for what it's worth) would be the following....

If post #15 is true, call 911 immediately.

Also, report to RAPP.

Do some research and find out who the senior CO is in your area. Make a call to media outlets (as many as you see fit), and get the name of the person, and their supervisor, who normally "reports" on incidents such as this. Get the email/contact info for your local MLA and MP. Get the contact information for the Minister Responsible both Provincially and Federally. Get the same info for the Opposition critic of those respective Ministries.

You can use this form to report...

https://forms.gov.bc.ca/environment/rapp/

Make sure all the above mentioned people receive a copy of your report. Make sure it's clear to all who is included. In this case, if 911 was called, there would be a case number. Put it in your report and include the attending officer (and their supervisor) in all communications.

If you don't receive a timely response, follow up (with everyone included). If another incident occurs, report again stating that it's not the first report. If there is still no response, follow up yet again. Follow up every day if necessary.

If you send an email out, and want to follow up, it's easy (and free), with a comment like "any updates?".

Any responses you get (from anyone), make sure you respond, and include all that are in your original email. If you talk to anyone involved by phone or in person, make notes and forward an email to that person (again, including everyone), confirming the discussion you had, and any comments you want to add.

I know it seems like a lot of work, but really....it's not.

It's important to keep all of the people involved "in the loop".

Most importantly, it's necessary to hold those who make the laws, have the ability to change the laws, and those who enforce the laws, accountable.

Just my 2 cents...

When the courts no longer work for the betterment and equality of our society, it's time to replace the courts!

A person is supposed to be 40 metres from any building b4 unloading. I b lieve Willy Alphonse Jr. case covers all this in finality if you want the truth, but people woody rather believe a lie and quarrel like two squrrills over a wal nut behind Wal-Mart in a shopping cart, not too smart.
    Jelly Stoned Parks --Repeat after me, " Willy Alphonse Jr." once more a lil louder, " Willy Alphonse Jr. " again spell it out W I L L Y - A L P H O N S E - JR. - gooood.
    Willy was the youngest Chief ever in BC and got the law clarified when he was justified over a land slide court ruling set by all Judges on Willy's side.
    ----- Willy Nelson gave Willy a call and congratulated Willy on thee clarification.
    Last edited by Jelvis; 09-17-2018 at 07:24 PM. Reason: HBC sticks together and helps hunters

Quote Originally Posted by jiboo88 View Post
    What would you guys do if this was happening right beside your house?
    I would go on HBC and start a bait thread and then ask for advice like you did...seems to work good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
    I would go on HBC and start a bait thread and then ask for advice like you did...seems to work good.
    Well damn!! Why didn't I think of that???

Could have saved me a lot of typing...

Quote Originally Posted by huntcoop View Post
    Pretty sure they can and do anything they want without any repercussions.
    Well seeing that indians make up 4% of canadas population and they make up 25% of the prison population I'd say theirs eventually some repercussions lol Even in our 2 tier'd justice system..Sorry I shouldn't use facts thats racist
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA