Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2018 Pred Thread

Re: 2018 Pred Thread

Way to go Lip Ripper00
    Jassmine would be so proud of you
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

Bump .... posting off mobile... hope it works.

Got this one last week while trying to find a newbie hunter a meat buck.

A younger female. Saw her booking it in the corner of my eye through an old cut block we were crossing through. Gave a whistle and she stopped. Off hand shot at about 80 yards knocked her off her feet.

Last edited by twoSevenO; 10-12-2018 at 07:30 PM.

^^^^nice shot congrats!

Lots of wolf sign off and around the 201 this year. Region 8-9 and 8-12 split.

Quote Originally Posted by hoochie View Post
    on behalf of Lip Ripper00...

I have a keyboard up and running now, instead of just a cell phone, so I will type a few lines.
    We where out for the opening of 4 point. We were checking out a cut block and on the ridge across we could see a large deer, but couldn't see what it had for horns. ( about 750m as the crow flies) parked at the bottom and started the hike up about a km through the slash/dead fall. quite the hike up, but we got busted and never did get a good look. There is an old saying: Mother Nature has a way of culling stupid children, definitely true I this case. We heard wolves in the Timber way in the distance while checking out the cut block and on the way down to the truck called with voice calls, by the time we got back to the truck they where skylining them selves 350 (ranged) yds on the ridge above us. 7mm RM 168gr TSX and he didn’t make 10 yards. The second wolf I was a little to the right and hit the log beside him probably hitting him with bullet and wood fragments, no blood to be found just hair. These guys where young, possibly this years whelps, their was know sigh of older dogs, but they may have been smarter and not broken the ridge line. No deer this trip but was eventful! Hopefully I will get out before the end of the season to look for that buck!

:
    [Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

If you cite things that happen in the US of A but live in Canada, then you might be living as an idiot in a great country. ..... clueless

great job on the wolf!

This afternoon I spotted a coyote doing its thing across the field. Using terrain features I was able to close the gap from 600 yards. Laying prone, no bipod just resting on my elbows, I ranged at 280 yards, dialed up 4moa on the turret and when the coyote turned broadside, I let fly. 6.5 Creedmoor 140gr Hornady BTHP, entry in the shoulder and bullet exited the skull. Head must of been turned away from me when I shot. My son asked if we could eat it for dinner

Note the six shooter on the hip. He had to get his coyote gun before we could retrieve the dog

"If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Well, did ya eat it?

Great picture Mark of you and your boy....worth enlarging if you ask me...
    Live to Hunt...