Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fraser Valley whos your butcher?

Fraser Valley whos your butcher?

Seems our usual butcher is no longer doing game cutting.
    we were out on Sat and came back to the Fraser Valley to drop off our deer close to home as usual. Called on the way to the usual place, and we were told he no longer does game meat. So then we call another place, and they are full.. not accepting any more game. They were kind enough to give us the name and contact info of another butcher in Mission. We were able to get our deer to him before closing ( 6PM sat). And lucky for us, we did not come home on Sunday, as we would have been in a real jam.. as the Mission butcher is closed on Sunday.

I guess we just took it for granted that this year would be the same as any other and go to the same Butcher. Not anymore.
    Im not sure that finding a butcher in the Merrit, Kamloops area ( where we hunt most) makes much sense either as we would have to make another trip just to get our animal back. Gas adds up!

Where do you take yours? How do you do it?
    I need to change things up.

thanks for any advise.
    Get it on the ground, that's when the work starts

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Fraser Valley whos your butcher?

Meadow Meats in Pitt Meadows area. Great people and great sausage! They can be pretty busy though.

With a pretty minimal investment you can do do your own. I’m pretty well equipped, but I did my daughter’s youth season buck with a boning knife and a grinder. You can buy a small grinder and a decent knife for the cost of having one deer cut and wrapped. Utube is your friend if you are unsure.

Our usual guy also stopped cutting game recently. We have used Sumas meats in the past. They were okay. I cut my own deer but not sure if I want to do a moose.

I used Sumas meats last year and was very happy. Had my trim done in beer sausage and pepperoni and it was fantastic. Roasts and steaks were very good as well. I will be going back there this year if I get lucky again.

Gord stopped cutting wild game, sumas said they were full.
    Time, space and location, limits me from cutting my own!

I think my plans this year will be to cut up my own if i get a deer but if Sumas or the place in Pitt Meadows has room I'll consider using them.

Dam I was just going to ask if it was Gord that stopped cutting game , his pepperoni and breakfast sausages were great.
    a bad day hunting is awwwwwwww who cares as long as your hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkes3 View Post
    Dam I was just going to ask if it was Gord that stopped cutting game , his pepperoni and breakfast sausages were great.
    Right??
    I give him 5 Stars, and had nothing but great things to say about his outfit.

If you need to hang game, page creek coolers has a big ass cooler in matsqui off hwy 11.
    Good guy, be patient he’s getting on in years. Info you want sausage, lots of “no game cutting “ butchers will make you sausage if you bring in clean meat frozen. I do 10 or 20 lb bags
    ἀλήθεια

Make like a baby and head out!