Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fraser Valley whos your butcher?

Re: Fraser Valley whos your butcher?

Quote Originally Posted by Comshel View Post
    Yes the call ahead is just good business, Beltrame would open up on Sunday to retrieve your game IF you called the day or two before.
    Pete no longer does game meat! K

Good to know, then again I don't seem to shoot much anymore either.

I booked in advance twice at Sumas, they rejected me twice. Asked to wait 5-6 days then check back. Wtf am I going to do with a whole elk for 5-6 days?? No more business from me. My loyalty and advance booking was not appreciated there.
    ἀλήθεια

Make like a baby and head out!

Sorry to hear it didn’t work out for you, Kurt would bend over backwards and Ullie does the same. Only good things to say about Sumas. They were full of beef when I was there this past week, maybe that plugged him up.
    If I went on a moose hunt and we were trying for “x” number of animals I would let him know in advance. Then when out of the bush into cell service I would call, always told they would make room. Super clean meat in, and when they call to pick up I’m there within 24hrs to pick up
    Quote Originally Posted by Asco View Post
    I booked in advance twice at Sumas, they rejected me twice. Asked to wait 5-6 days then check back. Wtf am I going to do with a whole elk for 5-6 days?? No more business from me. My loyalty and advance booking was not appreciated there.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpa Joe View Post
    Me, David and David.
    After reading this thread, my rates are going up. WAY UP!!
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

Steeleco are you a meat cutter ? How much do you charge per pound ? Arctic Lake

Dressed to grill in mission also hangs and processes.

Quote Originally Posted by Busterpayton54 View Post
    Dressed to grill in mission also hangs and processes.
    contact info please. This may help someone out in the near future.
    cheers.
    Get it on the ground, that's when the work starts

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Lake View Post
    Steeleco are you a meat cutter ? How much do you charge per pound ? Arctic Lake
    No Sir. I long ago gave up on cutters. The good ones quit and the price was too much. I now cut in my shed and have a converted chest freezer to cool the meat while I fit life in. I seem to have a few "regulars" that visit in the fall!!
    Last edited by Steeleco; 09-18-2018 at 02:47 PM.
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

This is a much needed thread for me now. Years ago when we first started moose hunting Dave Ennis did all our cutting. The best guy I have used and a really nice family. The folks who bought his place had my business for one year,but poor quality and never went back.
    After him we used Larry Weymouth in Abby,another excellent cutter,till he retired.
    Then onto Peter Beltame, really quality work, again no longer cutting game.
    Our last moose 3 years ago we used Page Creek in Abby, he was ok... not sure how he would handle a lot of big animals if he was swamped...
    Will check a few more this week and settle on one before we head up for our LEH moose on Sept 22 this Saturday.
    Living in Abby makes Mission a possibility too.I always call,the butcher shortly after the moose hits the ground and give them lots of warning. Also,our quarters arrive clean and pristine like out of a slaughter house.
    Its getting so hard to get a quality game cutter that isn’t swamped or won’t take stuff when you need to get it done.
    Dave Ennis took our stuff day or night no,matter what. Not many character folks like him and Pearl anymore.