Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Fraser Valley whos your butcher?

Re: Fraser Valley whos your butcher?

I cut all my own deer up then take the trimming to dressed to grill in Mission, that guy does good work, always get smokies, pep and burger, good prices as well, he also does full process of game as well, we got two blacktails on the weekend and I’m already pumped to get some jalapeņo smokies made

I used Ennis and later Weymouth over the yrs as well,When they retired i broke down and started doing all my own cutting and wrapping,only thing i dont do is sausage making myself so i always have a ton to stew beef which isnt a bad thing.Custom cut and wrap has gotten stupid expensive since i took the very first moose in way back when.I did however just sample some tastey landjager from another member here recently so will be getting some done this year

takla
    Pemby Quote: "Ah well ,cant be perfect" .... " sometimes i think that this tread is actually a wormhole to another dimension"

I was just wondering if anyone knows if the old butcher in Aldergrove
    off of 264 north of the freeway ever opened shop again
    He sure had some good sausage

Quote Originally Posted by Steeleco View Post
    No Sir. I long ago gave up on cutters. The good ones quit and the price was too much. I now cut in my shed and have a converted chest freezer to cool the meat while I fit life in. I seem to have a few "regulars" that visit in the fall!!

Start a a thread on your meat cooler build for us?

Near the top of the thread, the pics are gone thx to Photobucket but you'll get the idea.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...light=controls
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

Quote Originally Posted by Comshel View Post
    Beltrame in Langley used to butcher deer and moose for me. Haven't shot anything for a few years now but I had no complaints.
    Ha ha Pete the meat Beltrame, funny guy had some good times when we were much younger, had no problems using him
    Avatar is for all the conspiracy theory nut bars, for all the crow they have to eat when everything implodes

I've never heard of someone who isn't vaccinated getting polio

Trump will win big time in 2020

Why is it that rednecks from Alberta can't get enough of men in dresses, they simply lose their shit

Every hunter at some point in his hunting career should bone out / cut up his own deer as they will then understand how much meat is really on one.
    This will help with shot placement as a bad shot can take out a big % of your meat, animal choice (no more spikers) and meat care. Plus if you're ever in the backcountry and get an animal you'll have the equipment and knowhow to bone and pack it out.
    Backstraps / Ribeyes / tenderloins then chicken wing the hinds and shoulders and you're 80% done. I do this often in late season if i'm just grinding burger or making sausage.

Sorry to hijack - just a few thoughts.