Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cross bow?

Re: Cross bow?

I am waiting for surgery as was crushed and had one done 2 years ago . I manage to load my 420 bulldog with one arm with a wrist strap for the two ends . as left shoulder is toast for now

You can also make a strap around your neck and just stand up . this way scares me as if it slipped out big hurt

I believe one model has a built in crank

I now have a Ravin R15 . Very easy to crank for those with shoulder injuries. Rated at 425 fps. ( R20 is 430). Biggest issue is finding a target that will stop a bolt without a pass through. Ravin bolts are unique to their crossbows. Very accurate out to 50 yds so far. Anxious to try further distances. Couldn't pull my "arrows" yesterday so had to come home. New BLOCK target stops the bolts. 20 yds complete penetration nothing sticking out either end. 30 yds leaves a bit sticking out. 50 yards leaves about 3+ inches sticking out. Will take arrow lube with me next time. Initial sight in at 20 puts me spot on at 30 and 50 so far, so supplied scope is spot on. Really stretches out the distances for the bow only zones (for me). AS long as xbows are archery classified I guess I now have the right tool for that application.

I was sighting in my new Excalibre Micro the other day with broadheads. To save the foam target I went out and bought a bale of hay and placed it in front of a weedy bank. Some arrows passed through but were slowed enough so they wouldn't disappear in the turf or be damaged.
    Interesting that the 100 gr. Excaliber mechanicals grouped the same as 125 gr. field points and Montec g6 125's. All could hit a 3" circle at 60 yards shooting off my elbows. Walked in on the target and all hash marks on the scope seemed on, including a shot a 10 yards. For myself, I'd consider 40 yards max on game.

I have an excaliber but never hunted with it.Hate to think of a deer getting away after being hit.Every year there seems to be a picture of an injured deer in the paper,not good ,but I think this is likely somebody shoooting too far or taking marginal shots

Quote Originally Posted by ratherbefishin View Post
    I have an excaliber but never hunted with it.Hate to think of a deer getting away after being hit.Every year there seems to be a picture of an injured deer in the paper,not good ,but I think this is likely somebody shoooting too far or taking marginal shots
    It’s not the weapon it’s the user just like you assume too far and marginal shots is the issue. No different then any other weapon use it correctly with proper judgment you should have no issues

Some just don’t care and will take a shot without proper judgment no matter the weapon and some don’t take the time to learn the limits of the equipment

If go out with your crossbow and use it as it should be you may find a new addition

trust me arrows kill and I like them