Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cross bow?

Cross bow?

Well my shoulder is pooched. After getting hit by a van while on my bike a few years ago I spent more effort worrying about what's damaged between my ears than important stuff like shoulder muscles. Anyways, I can't pull by bow enough to stay proficient enough to confidently, cleanly take dear. I like to take advantage of bow season and especially area's with method restrictions. Buck shot sucks (imo).

My Question: Does cocking a cross bow take a lot of effort? Meaning, will it be difficult with a mildly F'd up deltoid/bicep?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Cross bow?

Yes, but, if you get the stock mounted pulley system for the Excalibur it won’t be. I’ve owned two, and I find it reasonably easy just using the cocking aid, but I don’t have a shoulder injury.

They’re amazingly accurate. I believe all of their crossbows except for the ‘Grizzly’ are made in Ontario.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

I bought a crossbow because I too have a torn shoulder and could barely shoulder my rifle little lone draw and hold a bow.
    The Excalibur was a great choice for me. It is easy to cock and shoot. And my grouping at 50 yards is the size of a silver dollar.
    if people of color do it, it's "affirmative action" "civil rights", etc, etc. If a bunch of white folks do it....its "racist" and "hate speech" quote Willyqbc

If $$ is not an issue look at the Ravin Xbows

Thanks for the info. Was thinking of buying a Centre Point Sniper set up from Cabela's for $350 to at least give it a try. Too late for this year anyways. They are apparently OK and I wouldn't be out that much if I hated it.

I say buy a used Excalibur with scope and accessories- usually half off of new.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

Checked out the crossbows at Cabela's. Was really turned off of the cheapo wheel bows. Ended up upselling myself on the Excaliber Micro 335. Bought it at Island Outfitters closer to home. Same price + a discount on accessories.

Micro 335, all you need.

I'm liking the looks of the Ravin R15 on sale at Cabela's right now. Looks slick!