Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Maybe its time for a tent.

Re: Maybe its time for a tent.

I put the end of my sleeping bag in a garbage bag to keep from condensation getting it wet. As stated above some of these ultra light tents are extremely small.

I do like the idea of a backpack stove and shelter. I'll have to look into this.

Quote Originally Posted by the_longwalker View Post
    We are looking hard at the Seek Outside 6 man tipi and stove for my wife, dog a and I. Also an Arctic Oven 10 for the deep winter stuff up here.
    A 4-man or even Cimarron would probably work for that. Smaller and lighter. But if you don't need to haul it in, the extra space'll be nice.

So just to bring this one back and let everyone know where i ended up. A friend of mine who is also a member here found some tents from China that were getting stellar reviews with the hiking community. So for the price i couldn't resist. They are from Ali Express i got 2 tents for way less money than one name brand. I got what is called a flames creed 3 man teepee and a 3f ul which is a one man ultalight tent that is probably best suited for scouting ad early season. These tents are very high quality! I tried the teepee out last weekend in the snow for 3 days. Its great. No complaints. Just wanted to let you guys know their is an affordable option available.

What are you using for a pole?

Just one of my hiking poles. The teepee came with a pole extension but it didn't work with my style of pole so i just cut a stick the length i needed. In the future i will adjust the extension that was supplied to make it work.

May be a good alternative to something like a Cimarron - get a stove jack installed and you're set.

Northwest shelters make awesome tents.
    Frank is great to deal with. Customizes too.
    BC's Wildlife belongs to BC Residents .......

BC WILDLIFE is not for corporate greed to benefit Foreighn Owned GOs.

POACHERS are not HUNTERS as the media posts.

Yes i will be getting a stove jack installed

I have 4 hard seasons on the MSR HH NX, 4lb 7oz, tent, fly, foot print, poles and pegs. Would highly recommend.

Quote Originally Posted by wos View Post
    So just to bring this one back and let everyone know where i ended up. A friend of mine who is also a member here found some tents from China that were getting stellar reviews with the hiking community. So for the price i couldn't resist. They are from Ali Express i got 2 tents for way less money than one name brand. I got what is called a flames creed 3 man teepee and a 3f ul which is a one man ultalight tent that is probably best suited for scouting ad early season. These tents are very high quality! I tried the teepee out last weekend in the snow for 3 days. Its great. No complaints. Just wanted to let you guys know their is an affordable option available.
    You should do a review on this and post it up with some pics and pros/cons

The Chinese have become great at copying existing designs and making some good products. I'm not as reluctant to try Chinese stuff as I once used to be.
    Fastest way to share your pictures:
    www.imgur.com
    click "New Post" button at top then click "upload images"
    choose pic and wait for upload
    right-click : "copy" or "copy link address"
    paste into your post between [IMG ] [/ IMG] tags