Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Maybe its time for a tent.

Re: Maybe its time for a tent.

word of caution on these ultralight tents .... Make sure that you can actually fit in one. A lot of them are very very cramped for a full grown person. A lot of times turning around in one without brushing against the walls and getting condensation on you is very difficult. Double wall design will mitigate that somewhat but you still might end up with wet feet when the bottom of your sleeping bag stretches the tent body and touches the base of the fly and the condensation rolls down onto it.

They are very expensive tents to buy only to find these things out the hard way. Make sure that you test it out at the store THOROUGHLY!

Marmot Nitro 2P: as stated above, you want room, and this one is great for room for a single person, as it's a 2 person, but is also light at under 2 lbs...you use your hiking poles as the poles..

SO silvertip is 70 sf and 28 oz (ie sub 2 lbs) and can use trekking poles to put up. And you can add a stove if you want. Best of everything??

upgrade to a higher quality tarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse
    eeeewwwww!! Factory ammo...

Quote Originally Posted by AgSilver View Post
    SO silvertip is 70 sf and 28 oz (ie sub 2 lbs) and can use trekking poles to put up. And you can add a stove if you want. Best of everything??
    Damn close!!

I think it all depends on where your going, (type of terrain) and the time of year...

There is no one all do all unfortunately, but with a stove, this will be my next purchase for solo backpack hunting for sure!..
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..

Quote Originally Posted by Ohwildwon View Post
    Damn close!!

I think it all depends on where your going, (type of terrain) and the time of year...

There is no one all do all unfortunately, but with a stove, this will be my next purchase for solo backpack hunting for sure!..
    If you go with a Cimarron, it'd be a great middle ground to be able to backpack hunting with a partner (more room than a Silvertip and can split it up easily between both people....stove with one and tent with the other, for example).

How expensive are the compatible stoves and how much do they weigh? ... that does seem like a pretty slick setup

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    How expensive are the compatible stoves and how much do they weigh? ... that does seem like a pretty slick setup
    A few options for stoves...you can get one from Seek Outside for ~$300+ USD or you can get something from Lite Outdoors (Canadian company) for ~$350 CAD. Some differences in style, but both would function well.

I've been thinking a lot about it, and I think I'm going to get a Cimarron with a Lite Outdoors 12" stove AND I'll sew a stove jack into my Mountainsmith Mountain Shelter LT so that I can pick the shelter based on my needs at the time...although I actually think the Cimarron may weigh less as a base shelter than the MMS LT...in which case, maybe I'll turf that altogether...?

Anyhow, then, when I get around to seam sealing it, I'll have the Cimarron for my solo/two person hunts and the SO 12 man tipi that I got with my lifetime membership to BHA.

I have my eye on the seek outside LBO, 3 pc vestibule and a stove. Later on when my son is bigger and can come with me I can add the other sections that zip onto it. Probably add a nest as well for when I’m using it in warm weather and there are more bugs.

We are looking hard at the Seek Outside 6 man tipi and stove for my wife, dog a and I. Also an Arctic Oven 10 for the deep winter stuff up here.