Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Maybe its time for a tent.

Re: Maybe its time for a tent.

I will gladly give you an overview/review on both thr teepee and ultra one man tent. I just went through trying to post photos. Not easy for me. If you would be willing to post the photos if i text them to you i will gladly review the tents.

Re: Maybe its time for a tent.

So I was asked for a review from two seven 0 and a couple pm from people. So hear it is with no pictures. But you can find good photos if you Google flames creed teepee tent.
    So where to start? I ordered it from ali Express! I had no previous knowledge of this company prior to ordering this and the other small tent prior to my hunting partner sending me a link advertising the tents. I did a bit of research and crossed my fingers and hit the order button. (Mabe chek out the recently posted, ordering online after a couple thread) about 3 weeks later i got 2 tents in the mail. So i opened and inspected both the tents and was immediately impressed with the quality. Everything is better than expected. The teepee comes with the outer silon fly and an inner tub/bug screen. I guess the best place to start is the overall quality. Especially since its an overseas product from China. I won't lie that in itself was probably one of the biggest concerns for me from the start. Well don't let that discourage you from this particular product. Looking at the overall construction I was very impressed. All the seams were double stitched. All corners and tie out points are reinforced. And all stitches are taped so you wont have to seal the seams yourself. It even has ykk zippers. I must say the quality is equal to similar tents that are 5 times the price. So now that I got that part out of the way lets look at the function.
    So i was looking to move out of my tarp and into something a little more (as my hunting partner would say) civilized. So the teepee is advertised as a 3 man, in reality two people could use it comfortably and 3 would be a far strech of reality. It is a two man tent. There is enough room for a couple of people and the necessary gear to get you through the night, morning coffee and breakfast. You can quite comfortably sit up with lots of headroom. I will be installing a stove jack as I feel there is enough room for a small stove. That being said if using a stove would prevent me from using the floor for safety reasons. The teepee is designed to be set up using a hiking pole. It comes with a pole extension is the only shortcoming of the package. The extension did not work with my style of poles. After some creative modifications I was able to to get things to work well enough that im satisfied that my pole will be bomb proof aswell as keeping in line with the ultra light idea. To sum it all up I would say this is the best deal going when it comes to out door gear. It can be pitched with or without the floor/ bug screen. It weighs a shave over 2 lbs with pegs strings, stuff sacks and chords. For the guy that spends his holidays in the alpine I would have to say its an alpine 5 star hotel. This setup will definitely keep me in the prime spots for extended stays. Once i get the stove thing all sorted out it will be a major game changer.