Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Road blocked !

Re: Road blocked !

That terrible people do that, last year I had a bad experience here where these 2 guys take off fast on quadswhen I pull up in parking lot and so I keep going into my blind and they look to be headed there so I keep going we both arrive at my blind at almost the same time and the one guy jumps off his quad and runs and throws his back pack In my blind as if to say we got here first. I never yelled so much at any hunters before and I guarantee I scared everything for several miles but it was worth it. Some people just have no respect.

Steven you are a better man than I, I subscribe to a Liam Neeson "Taken" approach... and my skill set is instant karma....

Block the road all you like, your truck will be blocking it longer then you'd hoped...

Quote Originally Posted by Cat catcher View Post
    That terrible people do that, last year I had a bad experience here where these 2 guys take off fast on quadswhen I pull up in parking lot and so I keep going into my blind and they look to be headed there so I keep going we both arrive at my blind at almost the same time and the one guy jumps off his quad and runs and throws his back pack In my blind as if to say we got here first. I never yelled so much at any hunters before and I guarantee I scared everything for several miles but it was worth it. Some people just have no respect.
    I put a "makers mark" hidden on the stand when I make them. This way when I get into a an argument over "who's stand is it" which has sadly happened 3 times to me.. I ask is your name on it? they obviously idiotically say is yours? Well of course donkey, look there.... I'm all for people using what I have built "illegally" on crown land, but don't be a douche about it. Also what ever happened to leaving something better then you found it. I have 1 blind set up that I wish I could run into buddy who makes it better every year. I stapled a note in a ziplock with write in the rain paper to get a hold of me, and where I hid the mickey of whiskey....

Used to hunt with a buddy who always packed vice grips.
    Could not figure it out..

If you pissed him off he would crimp a fuel line,smear it with mud and jam a stick in it... you could drive home but at a snails pace.. mechanic would say you jammed a stick
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

Trees fall across the road all the time and with a chainsaw sometimes 10 or more fall across at a time. Sometimes being a nice guy and making their location even more private is the way to go lol

Being a nice guy and helping them achieve the parties goals can give them an educational experience lol

Hmmmm sheeeeesh remind me not to piss in anyones cornflakes here..lol...
    I didnt do anything harmful, or damage. But they WILL know someone wasnt happy..and they already know why..

Cheers
    Srupp

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    Trees fall across the road all the time and with a chainsaw sometimes 10 or more fall across at a time. Sometimes being a nice guy and making their location even more private is the way to go lol

Being a nice guy and helping them achieve the parties goals can give them an educational experience lol
    Also works for guys on quads that pass a pedestrian on a dead end spur.

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Hmm went out to look at whats happening in the woods..seen cow/ calf moose, HUGE bull moose..all the fronts were bent down.7 drop tines..crazy wicked.5 deer..2 were bucks..too small.LOTS of grouse everywhere..70 ? today.

Went to a small lake that has a ATV trail hidden on the backside.
    Some asshat hunters had backed their travel trailer tight into the trail..and added a full sized pick up to guarantee no one else had access to the 2 miles of ATV trails.

Ignorant selfish resident hunters ! 120 kms enroute and back..PLUS 150 kilometers on ATV..no natives seen or encountered , only road block..grrrrrr hunters..
    Havnt seen that blatant of a asshat group ! Disgusted.
    Snowed, blew, rained..froze my substantial ass off...brrrr
    Most grouse I have ever seen in 1 day..literally everywhere.
    Jacuzzi time again.
    Srupp
    Sounds like a great day! Besides the asshat who blocked the trail.

Quote Originally Posted by BStrachan View Post
    Sounds like a great day! Besides the asshat who blocked the trail.
    Yes indeed was a fine day. .you are correct sir.
    Steven

ya, your a good guy Steve.
    Leaving the note was probably the best solution.
    How you manage to keep your blood from boiling over is beyond me on those kind of issues.
    I do wish people would smarten up and realize that no crown land is exclusive to them.

Other have to realize that just because you have a "honey hole", you have to take into account it might be
    someone else's honey hole as well.