Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Road blocked !

Road blocked !

Hmm went out to look at whats happening in the woods..seen cow/ calf moose, HUGE bull moose..all the fronts were bent down.7 drop tines..crazy wicked.5 deer..2 were bucks..too small.LOTS of grouse everywhere..70 ? today.

Went to a small lake that has a ATV trail hidden on the backside.
    Some asshat hunters had backed their travel trailer tight into the trail..and added a full sized pick up to guarantee no one else had access to the 2 miles of ATV trails.

Ignorant selfish resident hunters ! 120 kms enroute and back..PLUS 150 kilometers on ATV..no natives seen or encountered , only road block..grrrrrr hunters..
    Havnt seen that blatant of a asshat group ! Disgusted.
    Snowed, blew, rained..froze my substantial ass off...brrrr
    Most grouse I have ever seen in 1 day..literally everywhere.
    Jacuzzi time again.
    Srupp

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Road blocked !

Early chill has come to your region this yr and maybe ignited the loins of the local bull moose population im thinking.Weather says warming later half of sept,not what i like see in the burns lake north area for my LEH.Looking foreward to heading in on the 23rd.W
    with an ATV theres no such thing as a blocked road is there?.
    Last edited by Takla; 09-14-2018 at 08:53 PM.
    Pemby Quote: "Ah well ,cant be perfect" .... " sometimes i think that this tread is actually a wormhole to another dimension"

Whonnock for 19 years, Mission for 46 years

I know of a fellow from work that spent a great deal of time using multiple blocks and coils of cable to pull
    a couple of boulders onto the only road in and out of a dandy hunting spot. It was before the popularity of
    ATVs and he hoped to keep the place to himself while in there. It sure would have backfired if he had an
    emergency and had to quickly get out of there. This same fellow would brag about felling trees across a road
    if he found other hunters in a spot he wanted to hunt. Those are the type of people that many of us wish
    Karma would jump up and take a big bite out of their posteriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Takla View Post
    Early chill has come to your region this yr and maybe ignited the loins of the local bull moose population im thinking.Weather says warming later half of sept,not what i like see in the burns lake north area for my LEH.Looking foreward to heading in on the 23rd.W
    with an ATV theres no such thing as a blocked road is there?.
    Hmm I looked..no chance.oh well..
    Srupp

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Hmm went out to look at whats happening in the woods..seen cow/ calf moose, HUGE bull moose..all the fronts were bent down.7 drop tines..crazy wicked.5 deer..2 were bucks..too small.LOTS of grouse everywhere..70 ? today.

Went to a small lake that has a ATV trail hidden on the backside.
    Some asshat hunters had backed their travel trailer tight into the trail..and added a full sized pick up to guarantee no one else had access to the 2 miles of ATV trails.

Ignorant selfish resident hunters ! 120 kms enroute and back..PLUS 150 kilometers on ATV..no natives seen or encountered , only road block..grrrrrr hunters..
    Havnt seen that blatant of a asshat group ! Disgusted.
    Snowed, blew, rained..froze my substantial ass off...brrrr
    Most grouse I have ever seen in 1 day..literally everywhere.
    Jacuzzi time again.
    Srupp
    Can you take a photo and send to CO??
    Won't help that much at the time, but maybe for the future.
    Or, chainsaw.
    I know of an incident were someone blocked road, and the people b locked decided to deal with it themselves.
    Ended up in a "smash up derby" and a shoot out! (not sure if the shoot out was legit, but a lot of vehicles ended up
    being towed out!)
    Won' t say what others have done ….

Lots of posts on here about FN interfering with resident hunters' rightful access to hunt by erecting blockades - the Klappan thread from last year being the most notable and dramatic. That issue generally will be a hot one for years to come. But when resident hunters take on other resident hunters by selfishly denying them hunting opportunities we are in trouble. "A house divided against itself cannot stand". This kind of asshole conduct is depressing to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Beachcomber View Post
    Lots of posts on here about FN interfering with resident hunters' rightful access to hunt by erecting blockades - the Klappan thread from last year being the most notable and dramatic. That issue generally will be a hot one for years to come. But when resident hunters take on other resident hunters by selfishly denying them hunting opportunities we are in trouble. "A house divided against itself cannot stand". This kind of asshole conduct is depressing to hear.
    Hmmmm it was upsetting for sure, there were 5 flat, level, dry camping locations within 2 kms. This was deliberate to keep other resident hunters out.
    I DID leave a note..WITH my name and phone number..no threats just not appreciated.
    Im not into threats or deliberate retaliation.

On a lighter not seen huge deer tracks..only to see the buck responsible..big foot..lol..false advertising.small buck BIG FEET..lol

Cheers
    Steven

Whonnock for 19 years, Mission for 46 years

There's no way I'm insinuating that all of us that subscribe to hunting forums are Angels or even remotely so,
    but we must remember that there are a lot of 'hunters' out there that don't even consider fair play or following
    any rules when it comes to getting something they want. Some would kick their own mother to the curb if she
    got in their way. There are those that use bribery or intimidation on their kids to allow them to hunt during the
    youth program, or will have them hold a fishing rod until a fish strikes and then land it themselves rather than
    give the kid a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Beachcomber View Post
    AMEN BROTHER, AMEN!
    Take a photo or two and post them on here. Out the selfish shitheads.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Quote Originally Posted by Big Lew View Post
    There's no way I'm insinuating that all of us that subscribe to hunting forums are Angels or even remotely so,
    but we must remember that there are a lot of 'hunters' out there that don't even consider fair play or following
    any rules when it comes to getting something they want. Some would kick their own mother to the curb if she
    got in their way. There are those that use bribery or intimidation on their kids to allow them to hunt during the
    youth program, or will have them hold a fishing rod until a fish strikes and then land it themselves rather than
    give the kid a chance.
    Yes my friend, agree..but it still sucks when you see it, every time..the big time threats nothng so far.but where I least expected it..
    But your correct Dave..asshats and idiots.they walk amongst us.lol..
    Overall eventfull day.actually far more than I expected..the moose, and deer were almost exactly where I anticipated where they usually can be found..and the new 2019 was jst what I wanted...following the new break in procedure to a T...oil change monday at 150 kilometers.new light..gun case insalled tuesday.then just winter studded tires mounted on new rims and Warn plow set up and done.
    Cheers
    Grumpy