Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Road blocked !

Re: Road blocked !

First off I would never block a road or trail. If some one won'ts to go in I would let them.
    But! If I know it's only a km or 2 to the end of the road or trail, I'll say friendly a hello if there in camp. Then go somewhere else and I expect the same.
    No one on their death bed ever said; I should have spent more time at work.

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    On a lighter not seen huge deer tracks..only to see the buck responsible..big foot..lol..false advertising.small buck BIG FEET..lol
    That reminds me of a saying I have when some guys says "Look at that big track!" I say "You know what tham means don't you?.......big feet!" lol
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;
    Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark."

"A man's got to know his limitations"

Steven I have seen this many times . It's a bloody shame but you have to be careful when encountering people who do this sort of thing as you already know they are a bit bent ! Stay Safe !
    Arctic Lake

A group of hunter camped on the access to a bunch of roads at 101, . One of long time 101 hunters, said it was no problem, He knew enough back trails to access the network. He did drive through their camp on the way out. You get to know the hunters who hunt the area year after year. Camping across access roads is one of my pet peeves.

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    First off I would never block a road or trail. If some one won'ts to go in I would let them.
    But! If I know it's only a km or 2 to the end of the road or trail, I'll say friendly a hello if there in camp. Then go somewhere else and I expect the same.
    Hmm was trying to retrieve my deer cam at the far end..lol..
    Absolutely lots of places to hunt..past 15 years never seen the trail blocked..30 other rds leading to different areas for bears, others for deer, others for lynx , and moose places..
    It wouldnt stop my hunt..just dont have many examples of ignorant selfish individuals..will go back in a week and dig the camera out.
    Steven

guest Guest

If its blocking a tiny small area...room for a couple of hunters...... It may be justified......but if it s access to a huge area......
    Them tires may have strangly gone flat. But also be ready for repercussions.

Give your heads a shake who ever ya are.

Quote Originally Posted by Beachcomber View Post
    Lots of posts on here about FN interfering with resident hunters' rightful access to hunt by erecting blockades - the Klappan thread from last year being the most notable and dramatic. That issue generally will be a hot one for years to come. But when resident hunters take on other resident hunters by selfishly denying them hunting opportunities we are in trouble. "A house divided against itself cannot stand". This kind of asshole conduct is depressing to hear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Lew View Post
    There's no way I'm insinuating that all of us that subscribe to hunting forums are Angels or even remotely so,
    but we must remember that there are a lot of 'hunters' out there that don't even consider fair play or following
    any rules when it comes to getting something they want. Some would kick their own mother to the curb if she
    got in their way. There are those that use bribery or intimidation on their kids to allow them to hunt during the
    youth program, or will have them hold a fishing rod until a fish strikes and then land it themselves rather than
    give the kid a chance.
    Excellent post guys, this is a big problem as well, totally agree with your comments.

Weve hunted the same high mountain valley for 20 yrs,we are going in again soon on the 23rd.We set up on a spur road on the way in and basically kill our game in a very small area close to camp and do camp on the roadside but have never tried to block access in any way,hell its big country and when we get the odd hunter driving in past camp they generally never come back as the road ends soon afterwards.The main road in goes for another 60 k and 90% of the guys going in think all the games at the end of the road..lol it generally leaves our little mountainside unhunted by anyone other then our camp

takla
    Pemby Quote: "Ah well ,cant be perfect" .... " sometimes i think that this tread is actually a wormhole to another dimension"

Whonnock for 19 years, Mission for 46 years

Quote Originally Posted by Takla View Post
    Weve hunted the same high mountain valley for 20 yrs,we are going in again soon on the 23rd.We set up on a spur road on the way in and basically kill our game in a very small area close to camp and do camp on the roadside but have never tried to block access in any way,hell its big country and when we get the odd hunter driving in past camp they generally never come back as the road ends soon afterwards.The main road in goes for another 60 k and 90% of the guys going in think all the games at the end of the road..lol it generally leaves our little mountainside unhunted by anyone other then our camp

takla
    Isn't that the truth! The last nice mulie buck I shot was in an area 30-50 vehicles, most in groups,
    went driving past both day and night as they were headed to the far reaches of the Chilcotin Plateau.
    Like when fishing a lake, not all the big ones are at the far side or end of the lake, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Lew View Post
    There's no way I'm insinuating that all of us that subscribe to hunting forums are Angels or even remotely so,
    but we must remember that there are a lot of 'hunters' out there that don't even consider fair play or following
    any rules when it comes to getting something they want. Some would kick their own mother to the curb if she
    got in their way. There are those that use bribery or intimidation on their kids to allow them to hunt during the
    youth program, or will have them hold a fishing rod until a fish strikes and then land it themselves rather than
    give the kid a chance.
    This^ it is very much a all for one one hobby...regardless of the few that help others like Srupp. That is why it is destined to fail when push comes to shove.