Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moose draw 7-11

Hybrid View

Moose draw 7-11

Hey everyone, hope the hunting season is going good or will go good for all!

So got lucky enough to draw any bull moose in 711. Headed up on the 27th and back sometime over thanksgiving weekend. I havent been on a hunt up there since I was a kid and have never drawn a moose tag before. Just wondering if anyone would be able to throw out some tips?/info? Hoping to get lucky and make a bull moose unlucky....

2. Site Sponsor

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

Re: Moose draw 7-11

Hunt where moose like to hang out! Get off the roads, and into the continuous clearcuts! Its been logged very hard, but saying that, there were moose still wondering around this past spring while I was bear hunting! Very busy, and lots of predator sign, please take a black bear back with you! The fire along the south side of the Chilako River showed lots of moose sign this past spring, alders are very tasty in amongst the dead snags! Moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

have spent a couple years their, havn't been their in probably 4 years though. lots of beautiful lakes their to camp on, lots of grouse, rabbits and ducks if your heart desires. Glad to see the calf season is gone, it was always a complete nut show when that opened up. sorry i cant be of much help just havnt been their in so long

best of luck and have a great hung.

MU 7-11 and MU 7 12
    Naltesby Lake

Large system of roads connects with the Blackwater system. Turn on to Bobtail Rd 54 k west of P.G. on Highway 16. Fair to good moose hunting some deer,
    Also access to MU 7-11 from Bednesti Lake 45 km west of Prince George on Hwy 16, via Norman Lake road.
    Jelly Stoned Parks --> Moose country <-----Moose on the loose with the Canada goose --
    Last edited by Jelvis; 09-14-2018 at 06:48 PM. Reason: HBC sticks together and helps hunters

Norman lake Rd is 7-12b jelly!!bobtail is best bet, or follow Pelican to 50 km then head west young man! Blackwater crosses 7-11 briefly, ending in 5-13! Kluskus to the gold Rd, or the north finger FSR! All good bet for the rubber noze!! Moosin, that's my name, that's my game!!

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

Thanks for the responses guys. Anyone else have the draw and headed that way at the end of next week? Kinda worried about a roadblock so wondering if guys would consider convoying in haha. Who knows

My son was hunting 7-11 Sunday, no road blocks!! Your golden man, no indian blockades!!! Moosin

They actually bumped into a big boar grizzly though, which has happened twice this year in MU 7-11, one this past spring, and one Sunday.

I heard there was a fire in that area this summer. Wonder how that will affect things? Like others have said, get off the beaten path.
    caddisguy "I worry about predators wanting to eat me or bucks trying to take my manhood. "How was your hunting trip honey" ... "wahh I don't want to talk about it... sob ""

Sometimes the moose are on the beaten path too. Do lots of glassing. It's easy to become a zombie driving the roads. Good luck!
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004