Thread: ELK LEH Hunt in 7-17

ELK LEH Hunt in 7-17

I am wondering if anyone in the Prince George area (specifically MU 7-17) is or knows anyone willing to let hunters on their land. Long story short this is my first LEH draw and I didn't realize the hunt was restricted to private land only. My screw up as I had the zones mixed up but I would hate to skip the hunt without making any effort to find an opportunity. Any information is greatly appreciated.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: ELK LEH Hunt in 7-17

You could always call regional CO and see if they have a landowner list. That draw is there for a reason so the assumption would be there are farmers that would allow you access in their land for the hunt. What would be ideal but not always practical is to knock on doors but depending on where you are located that's not really practical!

Watch out for the house with 6 elk hounds running free.... they hunted my truck down the other weekend... pretty funny but wasn’t stoked about dogs bouncing off my new truck going 50km/hr

I tried to get in touch with the CO's office but just got an email saying to try the BC cattle assoc. so I decided to try here. I live in the lower mainland so a trip up to PG might result in a lot of "who is this crazy girl on my front porch?" but it might prove successful. Unfortunately it wouldn't be practical as I'm working 6 days a week and going to school

ore than likely the local guides will have paid the land owners to not let anyone hunt seems to be the norm theses days