Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Crazy Idea,Xmas on the Queen Charlottes "Haida Gwaii"

Re: Crazy Idea,Xmas on the Queen Charlottes "Haida Gwaii"

gunnar staal please contact me i will take help with pride

Quote Originally Posted by IslandWanderer View Post
    Baru farm...
    Yup. Barry the butcher is great. He is near QC City. Rent from National in Masset. They know you will be hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner Staal View Post
    How do you make the eye roll emoji? Some interesting comments on here. ......I live here bud. Would love to help you out. PM me and I will give you the full low down. A phone convo will likely be required. I will be away elk hunting for the next 5 days but we’ll make sure your taken care of.
    Thanks Gunner, PM sent.

Cool thread and neat idea BeerMan. I was born in Queen Charlotte City but haven’t been back since I was a kid. It will be interesting how this turns out for you and your wife. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner Staal View Post
    How do you make the eye roll emoji? Some interesting comments on here. ......I live here bud. Would love to help you out. PM me and I will give you the full low down. A phone convo will likely be required. I will be away elk hunting for the next 5 days but we’ll make sure your taken care of.
    lol. Interesting that most people making comments on these Charlotte’s threads usually have never been there.

My dad shot a lot of deer when we lived in Sandspit and while they are smaller in statue they are not all small. His largest officially score 112 5/8’s after almost 30 years drying on the wall. I had a Taxi find a mature Sitka cape and had it mounted for him and it is still hanging on the wall in his home. Ranks right up there in B&C for a Sitka...I believe 20 years ago it would have actually been the largest Sitka from the Charlotte's registered not that that means a hill of beans. I’m not sure if he ever followed through with actually entering it in the book and I’ve never looked. He has a picture of it with himself and in the background is our old house in Sandspit. It was no heavy antlered German Shepard...that thing was a tank!

My son and I are all booked for the ferry mid November. We’re thinking of wall tenting it while there. Does anyone have any tips regarding locations to set up?
    When in doubt, just pin it.

Hey WalkswithDeer. Tried to get reply to you but it said your message box was full... Thanks for the info and concern Much appreciated! Any idea how to get ahold of the fellas you had named or anyone that can point them in my direction? Cheers

I've been there my boss is personal friends with the owner of the National rental car in masset.

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzybiscuit View Post
    lol. Interesting that most people making comments on these Charlotte’s threads usually have never been there.

My dad shot a lot of deer when we lived in Sandspit and while they are smaller in statue they are not all small. His largest officially score 112 5/8’s after almost 30 years drying on the wall. I had a Taxi find a mature Sitka cape and had it mounted for him and it is still hanging on the wall in his home. Ranks right up there in B&C for a Sitka...I believe 20 years ago it would have actually been the largest Sitka from the Charlotte's registered not that that means a hill of beans. I’m not sure if he ever followed through with actually entering it in the book and I’ve never looked. He has a picture of it with himself and in the background is our old house in Sandspit. It was no heavy antlered German Shepard...that thing was a tank!
    Kool. world record typical Sitka deer was shot on the charlottes in 1970. Scored 133.

Quote Originally Posted by shortrange View Post
    Yup. Barry the butcher is great. He is near QC City. Rent from National in Masset. They know you will be hunting.
    They charge penalties if you go off the main road