Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wall Tent

46 36.22%
  • Trailer/Camper/Motorhome

34 26.77%
  • Neither, something else

35 27.56%
  • I lay on the ground buck naked in all forms of weather!

12 9.45%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: what do you sleep in when you camp?

Re: what do you sleep in when you camp?

Quote Originally Posted by S.W.A.T. View Post
    Find it hard to believe people "camp" in a wall tent. Maybe when hunting but when actually camping?
    Since this is the “Hunting Gear” forum, I’m pretty sure he means sleep in when hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by bcsteve View Post
    Since this is the “Hunting Gear” forum, I’m pretty sure he means sleep in when hunting.
    actually, I meant camping...for whatever reason.

I prefer a wall tent, as if I go gaming, it's usually for a week more more, not a long weekend. using a trailer/camper/motorhome is not camping. I want dirt, twigs and leaves in my morning coffee dammit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse
    eeeewwwww!! Factory ammo...

I want dirt, twigs and leaves in my morning coffee dammit!
    Are you the guy who kills an animal and has to drench his boots in blood because that's being at one with nature. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    Are you the guy who kills an animal and has to drench his boots in blood because that's being at one with nature. Lol.
    no, thats weird!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse
    eeeewwwww!! Factory ammo...

Depends on the trip. Sometimes I sleep in the cab of my truck. Sometimes under the canopy. Sometimes in the box with no canopy, or in the back of the 4runner. Or in my small tent, or my big tent. Or a back country cabin.
    I've slept in fancy racecar bucket seats with harnesses digging into me, and on spare tires. I've slept on and under trailers and picnic tables.

So I'll sleep wherever is convenient, depending on the circumstances. Theres a really nice grove of pine trees in kitimat I slept in once...that was surprisingly quiet.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

Usually sleep in the jeep. Sometimes a tent.

Usually stay at my cabin but I typically spend about 2 weeks sleeping in the canopy of the truck during the deer rut.

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    Usually sleep in the jeep. Sometimes a tent.
    I sleep in my Jeep most of the time too.....but mine has heated seats.

Whonnock for 19 years, Mission for 46 years

I very seldom hunted in one spot so either slept in the cab or in a 4 man tent.
    Because of my age and arthritis, the last couple of years I've also included my RV trailer
    if hunting early in the year or both hunting and fishing in the same area. The biggest
    problem I've found is finding a clear level spot for my floored tent in the rugged places
    I hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Friendly View Post
    actually, I meant camping...for whatever reason.

I prefer a wall tent, as if I go gaming, it's usually for a week more more, not a long weekend. using a trailer/camper/motorhome is not camping. I want dirt, twigs and leaves in my morning coffee dammit!
    Im actually with you on this one. We use to have a 28ft toy hauler, was mine before kids and family. Was a great trailer, a tad heavy but everything was in one unit. Then we bought a jet boat and I'm not the type that wants to make two trips or take two vehicles, just doesn't make sense to me. So sold the trailer and was able to find a camper with a slide that was legit bunks as we have 3 kids. Long story short the only thing we do in the camper is sleep. Its never been cooked in, bathroom has never been used. Once in awhile if the weather is really bad we might sit inside and play cards but nothing else. We sold the boat a couple years back and I realized that was stupid so now I'm trying to get it in my wife's head to go back to a boat and a wall tent.