Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 5-2A Moose

Re: 5-2A Moose

PM sent. Appreciate the help

I also saw about 100 grouse in 2 km. never seen grouse populations so high, few rabbits tho.

I saw a calf moose touching noses with a doe at dempsey lake yesterday

seen lots of sign in the area between gustafson and 70 mile. no visuals on any , but I was looking for a whitetail

You related to kelly croswell?

Hmmmmm, quite possibly related but not sure. Most of us Croswells came from a family in the Saskatchewan area. Also have heard the Gustafson to be good. Wish i could just quit work and spend all my time in the bush!!!

Tried Gustafson yesterday. Not much for sign compared to other years and it's getting really thick. I have the same draw and will be going further north next weekend. Good luck.

Good luck to you too Trevorg! May the Moose Gods smile on you!!!

i hunt up there and when i have a tag no moose. years i have no tag i find moose all the time. funny how that works.

Hey I've got 2 tags for Moose in the 5-02A area as well. Never been to that area before but I drew that place because a local friend recommended. He's outta town for this month due to an emergency so that sucks. Any pointers would be appreciated since I am on my own now. I've heard the areas around snag lake and Gustafson were once good....like 6 years ago so I dunno about that now. Tags are good till the end of September. Cheers!

Hey Srupp, can you give me some pointers as well for the 5-02A area? I've got 2 moose tags to fill and I thinking of heading down there this Weds. A local friend recommended me to draw that area this year cause he knows the place but an emergency had him outta town for this month. Never hunted the area so any tips/directions and maybe even intel would be appreciated. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyBone View Post
    Hey Srupp, can you give me some pointers as well for the 5-02A area? I've got 2 moose tags to fill and I thinking of heading down there this Weds. A local friend recommended me to draw that area this year cause he knows the place but an emergency had him outta town for this month. Never hunted the area so any tips/directions and maybe even intel would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Great talking with you Tim..good luck..
    CrazyBone send a pm with ph number, I will call.
    Cheers
    Steven Rupp

Thanks Steven. PM sent