Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 5-2A Moose

Re: 5-2A Moose

There is no moose in this area I would just save the money and stay home

Best of luck crazy bone. Steven really knows his stuff. Great pointers and tips.

Good luck on your hunt. Hope you drop a moose

Be sure to post up a story and pictures of your success!!

If...and when I connect, pictures and story will follow. Thanks again and good luck to all.

Quote Originally Posted by silvertipp View Post
    There is no moose in this area I would just save the money and stay home
    Part of this is getting away from the wife, not to mention the beer burning a hole in my trailer.

Thanks man! Best of luck to you as well Timcroswell. If all goes well, I'll share my end of the story as well. Will definitely post pictures and a story if I also drop a moose. Cheers to all!
    Last edited by CrazyBone; 09-24-2018 at 01:23 AM.

How did you guys make out? I was in that area to help a friend find a moose but we failed. No moose seen.

I have seen moose down I think it’s called pit road a cross from Kokaneebay motel go straight down or take your first left
    good luck

I called one in on the second last day of my hunt (Sept 29). He replied with two bull grunts. At most 70 to 80 yards away behind some trees at the bottom of a small hill so there were no visuals. I think I rushed it because when I immediately replied with three loud cow wails, there were frantic rustling noises so I must have scared it off. Kept calling after that but heard nothing so it must have ran back into the bush. Got up late on the last day of the hunt because my alarm on my trash iPhone 6 Plus didn't go off. Went to check up on the place before leaving for Vancouver and found fresh tracks and a knocked downed bush with some hairs on it. I am so choked right now. I had that bull on the ropes but couldn't finish the deal. I guess that goes to show how much I still have to learn when it comes to calling in moose. Whelp, I guess it's gonna be another long 6 (or more) years before I can get a draw again. So sad and such a waste of a tag.
    Last edited by CrazyBone; 10-03-2018 at 08:11 PM.