Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: looking for advice on a camping trailer

Re: looking for advice on a camping trailer

Just have one suggestion ..Don't get a corner bed ..They suck....Get a walk around bed ..Also the corner beds are really hard to make up..Just a thought if you and wifey are going to sleep in it..Dennis

I ordered a 15’ tandem v nosed cargo trailer from Thomcat ,it came with an RV door on the side,canopy and two windows and extra roof beams for installing a canoe rack if I wanted.Way cheaper to custom order the extras from the factory. I used two steel lockers and one overhead,I wanted Lots of storage.I built a kitchen in the front V,although we do most of our cooking outside on a portable table and two burner propane stove from princess auto
    Built fold up bunks to facilitate driving my quad in the back, then two lift out bunks across the back.sleeps five ,four with 1 bunk folded up when the quad is out Put tie down anchors for the quad. Heavy duty deck coating on the floor and walls to facilitate wash down .Very pleased with my ‘portable camp’
    Last edited by ratherbefishin; 01-06-2019 at 10:50 PM.

We had a really nice !6 ft holidaire trailer, great shape . Easy to tow ,easy to get in the bush. When i retired the wife wanted to upgrade. So we sold the old one and bought a fairly new 21 jayflight. Talk about heavy and high. For a camper who heads to the bush for all your recreation , stay small . A real camper only sleeps in it anyway

The escape trailers look great. I went into their warehouse and looked at the trailers and even though they are not the fanciest in the interior looks department the build quality looks great and I think would be far superior to the standard rv trailers on the market that are so prone to leaks.
    WSSBC Life Member
    WSSBC Monarch Member
    CCFR Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sniperdan View Post
    I recently bought a 2019 Outdoors RV Timber Ridge and after taking it way up into the Peace region and several hundred km of gravel road, I am very happy with it. I also toured the factory in Oregon while it was on the line and was very impressed with the quality of how they are built. If you do go the ORV route, be sure to get the X4 off road package. The ORV's are all built for cold temps and you can really feel the difference of quality inside compared to the other RV's on the market today. This is my 3rd RV after owning a Fleetwood (which I loved) and a Jayco (total piece of junk) toy haulers. ORV is also in the process of releasing a toy hauler line called the Trail Series.
    Checked out the ORV website and these look nice for sure. A toy hauler version would be a good addition.

I picked up a trashed 17' Bigfoot trailer and put some elbow grease, stuff laying about the yard, and a very few dollars for my new hunting camp. I have a spot for a wood stove for when it gets cold and full screen front for keeping bugs away when it's warm.
    New LED lights use very little power. My 40 W solar panel keeps the two batteries topped up even with the heater and fan running. The reflective bubble wrap panels over the windows kept it warm enough in the -14 C and 40 - 60 kph winds in southern Alberta this year.
    The outside enclosure has provisions for a wood stove or the panels can be swapped out for full screens to keep the bugs out when it's warm.

Last edited by Brez; 01-08-2019 at 01:22 PM.
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;
    Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark."

"A man's got to know his limitations"

Coleman/Fleetwood Evolution E4 with double deck to carry two quads. Lifetime frame guarantee. Plenty of room.
    Offroad suspension. Have had mine for ten years.