Thread: Our new Elkhound, Tor

Our new Elkhound, Tor

Well after a four day road trip from Stewart to Grand Forks and back again. We have our new fat, little rascal at home. That face, seriously!

On the way home on Hwy 37 we stopped at a rest area to let him run and play. Down by the river he started scratching at the rocks and then put his nose to the ground and started hauling his little chubby butt up the hill. He stopped right by a pile of moose scat and wanted to keep going but it was getting close to dark and grizz country and I didn't have a rifle. I'm very excited for what this year will bring with instincts like that.....

However, watching him run in circles trying to catch his little tail does give me pause for thought....

He is settling in quite well and is providing ridiculous amounts of laughter with his puppy antics.

A shoutout to Elkhound for PM'ing me info on these rascals.
    Last edited by the_longwalker; 09-12-2018 at 07:19 AM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Our new Elkhound, Tor

Congrats on the new pup! There will never be a dull moment sgaik for you now haha keep us updated !

My German Shepherd female is 3 years old.. has insticts that are almost scary, chases even the biggest bears off and has killed a coyote that was in her yard and she eats 100 percent raw which includes fur feathers and whole carcasses.... You'd expect an alpha dog.. and she still chases her tail in circles like a clueless little puppy dog constantly !!! It's an endearing trait haha I take it as she's so smart she gets bored very easily and that's her built in entertainment lol

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Wow Beautiful dog.......probably because of which country he originates from !!!

Looks like years of fun with that one congrats.
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Oh my! What a beautiful pup! That face indeed!

Maple Ridge, Horse Lake but sometimes the dog house

They are an amazing breed, couldn't ask for a better, more faithful companion. Challenging at times but I wouldn't give my Freya up for anything. Looking forward to adding a big, little brother soon.

https://imgur.com/2XhmOwX

https://imgur.com/QHkWbQd

https://imgur.com/7CFFOZY
    Cody: It's a pretty cool sidearm you got there. What is it?
    Four Leaf Tayback: I don't know what it's called. I just know the sound it makes when it takes a man's life.

Marvin Boggs

Frank, I never thought I'd say this again. I'm getting the pig!
    Frank, we gotta get rid of this broad. I know a great place up the road. Lots of alligators.

Marvin: If there's one thing I know, it's women and covert operations.
    Frank: Marvin, that's two things.
    Han Cho Bai: No, grasshopper. It is not.

Hey. Congrats. Hes a cutie. Have fun with the little guy. I am sure he will do beyond your expectations and I hope you share incredible hunting and family time in the years to come. I have rarely seen a breed bred so pure that they need little training. Their instincts are beyond measure.
    Last edited by Elkhound; 09-12-2018 at 01:41 PM.

Challenging is what will make owning this dog such a reward, their drive and determination is second to none. And as mentioned already their loyalty may surprise you even!

nice pup you got there Mike. Should be an awesome back country companion