Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Bush repairs on vehicles.

Re: Bush repairs on vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by dino View Post
    I remember someone somewhere claimed to have used a 12v inline fuel pump after the tank one failed. Im not sure if this really works? Carry a cheap 12v inline fuel pump?
    Not an expert here at all, but I think there would be too many issues with correct fuel pressure, wiring, return lines, etc....
    Might work, but probably unlikely in a newer vehicle.
    I used to carry a spare mechanical fuel pump when I had my old F-250 years ago. Easy to replace!

Ground black pepper will stop or slow a leak in a radiator for days.

Quote Originally Posted by bankshot View Post
    Ground black pepper will stop or slow a leak in a radiator for days.
    I’ve never experienced a slow leak in my rad
    when it rains it pours ....

Quote Originally Posted by whitlers View Post
    That's great idea
    it would have sucked to have to wait til the next day to head into the bush.....going in with no spare would have been stupid....that trip ended with the pic in my avatar as well as 8 WT between the 4 of us....

Working on my truck one day forgot to tie the battery down , went wheeling after hit a rut heard a weird grinding noise under the hood and poof the cab filled with steam and who knows what but it burned like a mudder fawker
    big cloud of steam outside flipped the ignition off and bailed.
    Waited for the steam to go away to open the hood and dam brand new eliminator 1000 flipped over on the alternator and ripped the side right out of it..
    tried using chain block to get the truck up a hill to dump the clutch , didn’t happen ground was too soft tires would just scuff and truck would not start. Couple guys left to walk out to cell reception while they were gone I tipped the battery on the side topped it up with water and found a piece of poly rope that I caught on fire and melted over the hole.
    Couple hours later the boys show up after getting reception and say my wife who is 8 months pregnant and her brother is on the way with another battery and cables.
    They had a look at the repair and said let’s give it a whirl hooked it back up turned the key and she caught HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT the ****er is running.
    The wife and her brother met us at the he trailhead and we wheeled for the rest of the day.
    brought it back to can tire the next day the guy remembered me and asked why I was bringing back the battery I told him there was something wrong with it and turned it around he laughed and said I don’t think that will be covered.
    a bad day hunting is awwwwwwww who cares as long as your hunting.

Another time out hunting snapped the belt on my old 77 Ford about 15kms from camp,
    used the hose for the washer fluid a nail and some tie wire to make a belt .
    As long as I just idled along a didn’t hit any bumps too hard it would stay on for it back to camp and got the boys to go to town and grab me a couple belts and was good to go.
    a bad day hunting is awwwwwwww who cares as long as your hunting.

Been out with my dad for the last few days. He believes that dragging your brakes constantly will keep them from squealing. "They pick up dirt and that makes them squeal."
    So he has constantly glazed brake pads that squeal horribly. I finally got him to let me "clean" them, took a flat file and took off all the glazed face on the pads. No more brake squeal. Two days later he's got them sounding like a dying rabbit every time he slows down.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

If your stuck with a dead battery pull the bar off your chainsaw and use the chain to spin your alternator Just keep the chain tight by pulling on it

Heres a good one for ya ...... if you have capped lug nuts make sure to carry a socket 1mm smaller with ya!

I had the caps "pop" or "swell" off the lug nuts just enough to not be able to put the lug nut wrench on anymore. So I had to take the cap off with some pliers.

Now the nut underneath is 1mm smaller and my 21mm socket wouldnt work. Gotta have a 20mm, which most Soviet sets dont include. Usually 22, 21, 19, 18 mm

Super annoying. Why capped lug nuts exist is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by northernbc View Post
    If your stuck with a dead battery pull the bar off your chainsaw and use the chain to spin your alternator Just keep the chain tight by pulling on it

That is GENIUS
    "Golf, what a waste of a perfectly good rifle range"

I'm the one sitting in the cut block glassing all the animals you spooked and didnt see because you dont get out of your truck

13yrs and counting in Canadian Oil & Gas...