Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Visiting BC and want to get a backcountry camping trip in. Looking for location recos

Re: Visiting BC and want to get a backcountry camping trip in. Looking for location r

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Lake View Post
    Hello Viktor
    Check out any of these websites for ideas . ClubTread.com Vancouver Trails, Trail Peak . Garibaldi Park could offer you something such as trip to Elfin Lakes then carry on to Mamquam Lake .
    Arctic Lake
    That all looks really close to Vancouver and pretty reasonable. How "backcountry" is it and what are the chances of seeing some wildlife while I'm there? Hoping to spend my mornings glassing since I don't get the chance out east since most hunting out east is ambush in some shape or form.

Re: Visiting BC and want to get a backcountry camping trip in. Looking for location r

Thanks to the guys in this thread for chipping in. After doing some logistical planning, I'll get more time outdoors if I stay on the island after visiting my mom in Victoria. Right now it looks like I'm probably going to head to Elkhorn mountain. I was thinking of the West Coast trail since there is a service that drops you off on 1 end and picks you up on the other, but it closes just before my vacation time starts. Thanks again guys. Hit me up if you're visiting ON and I can show you some spots. The hunting is way different, but great none the less.
    Cheers,
    Viktor