Thread: Hunting in maple ridge

Hunting in maple ridge

Hey folks just wonder if anyone here has some info on hunting just east of maple ridge ....rural area....tried calling CO and couldnt get in contact....looked and it said hunting is ok in the area but not allowed to discharge firearm and i assume bows are ok...any light to be shed on this would be great...thank you.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Hunting in maple ridge

The fraser valley special area map should show some places. It's all pretty thick bush around there though, so may be really tough to get off the road and hike around?

I am interested in this too. Plenty of deer and bears around maple ridge. My brother used rent a spot on acreage and bucks and bears would always wander out. Never bothered into checking into the legalities as the land owner gave my brother the stare of death when he jokingly asked if he ever in thought of taking a deer.

There's so much private land and what not, I've been intimidated to try to find a place I could hunt. Maybe this year I'll do some digging.

If any HBC'ers have unwanted honey holes and can't stand the thought of wasting time on those "little" blacktails PM me lol (you never know)
    Last edited by caddisguy; 09-12-2018 at 07:22 AM.

Whonnock for 19 years, Mission for 46 years

Lots of deer and bear in Maple Ridge for sure. I have friends and family (all not hunter friendly)
    that actually have problems with them but can't fathom my generous help in reducing them.
    Unlike when I grew up there, most residents now want to make pets of the wildlife rather than hunt them.

Special areas map and look into municipalities laws as well. I maybe wrong but if I remember right part of maple Ridge has municipal laws effecting hunting in some areas

Using a bow and arrow now seems to be the prudent way to go if your into the bows, some nice bows out now, and live by Maple Ridge woody be awesome.
    Or head out to Chilly wack, not far away and has black bear and blactail --
    Bow n Arrow looks like the way some younger, in good physical and mental shape are challenging themselves and doing fantastic on HBC this past couple seasons!
    Jelly -- Bows and Arrows =-ll-----> in Maple Ridge puts deer meat in the fridge --?

Yea i have permission to hunt on private land ...just want to make sure its all legal and good