Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5-15C moose LEH change of plans

Re: 5-15C moose LEH change of plans

We have a group LEH for Oct 15-30. Hope MichelD didn't take them all All kidding aside hope you filled the freezer bud! So we haven't totally decided where we are going yet but anyone with some knowledge of the area, if you could give a pointer stick in the right direction for a base camp and good grounds that would be great. Theres a good camp just off the Cariboo river just before ghost lake I've stayed at before and it was pretty good. Just not sure how much good hunting grounds there is up that way on the C side. Any problems with the road blocks in the area? Any expected?

hmmm still packing for moose hunt..send PM with ph number I will call..lol probably have some ideas..

Steven

Hey Neil 30-06,

just a fyi....we had a draw in 5-15b oct 15-30 last year and heading up there on October 20th from Likey going to the north end of the zone. Got hit with a massive snow fall and ended up vacating the idea. When guys like Steven say watch out for snow cause when it starts it won’t stop.... they’re not lying, just be prepared. Good luck.
    Jason

Thanks Steve and Jason. I was up in that area (5-15B Ghost Lake area) a few years ago in the first week of November. We got pretty lucky with snow for about the first 5 days then it started one night and we woke up to over a foot of fresh lol. Packed up and headed out pushing snow with our bumpers in some areas. Luckily it was fresh so we didnt even have to put our chains on although going downhill was sketchier then going up in some places due to the ice that had formed under the fresh snow. Slow and steady..

I'll PM you Steven. It's been a while since we last talked. The last time was when I found some tampons in the trees that had your name all over them

We pulled out Monday morning before he snow. One buddy pulled out Sunday afternoon when someone gave him a weather forecast. I got hit with it from McLeese lake south to Clinton. Stopped for he night and woke up with 20 cm of snow on the truck.

By the way, the Mountie told me Sept. 15 that the guide kicks people out of the Comet Creek site. I saw people staying there in the cabin later. I believe she rents them out.
    Last edited by MichelD; 10-04-2018 at 07:54 AM.