Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Cave and the Heartbreak: a 10 yr old boys first goat hunt

Re: The Cave and the Heartbreak: a 10 yr old boys first goat hunt

Great story, sucks about how it ended but you’re a great example for your son.

Great story and pics, youngster definitely handled the adversity like a man, now you both have every reason to go back again!
    Thank you for posting, my daughter was elated to see this young man just a little older than her getting it done in the "BIG" mountains, she is now on google maps scouting Goat territory near our place in the Boundary!
    "Just ask anybody who packs a 338... the 30-06 will bounce off a grizzly!"

"I am not here to awaken sheep, I am here to awaken sleeping lions" Husky7mm

Fantastic hunting tale congrats to your son.I feel quite bad for you gut wrenching hopefully it works out you set a good example congrats to you as well.
    BCWF
    CCFR

“I prefer the saddle to the streetcar and star sprinkled sky to a roof, the obscure and difficult trail, leading into the unknown, to any paved highway, and the deep peace of the wild to the discontent bred by cities…it is enough that I am surrounded by beauty.”
    - Everett Ruess

What an awesome adventure! Too bad about the CO. That's what you seem to get for doing the right thing.

I'm impressed. At-a-boy. Hats off to the gide too.
    Quite often a lot of things going on we all screw up once in awhile. We're all on your side even though the letter of the law isn't
    Last edited by MRP; 09-11-2018 at 04:59 PM.
    No one on their death bed ever said; I should have spent more time at work.

That was an incredible account of things. Congrats to you both. Keep us posted about recovering the goat. I really hope it works out for you

Excellent stuff and nice goat. Congrats.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU

Congrats on the adventure, looks like you've got a hard core hunting partner !

Man what an ending, I think my heart broke a bit as well reading that. Tremendous writing, awesome photos and a beautiful billy...definitely quite the oversight but it probably happens plenty of times every year and most guys just cross their fingers, drive home and punch a tag as soon as they can. You took full ownership, didn't make any excuses and without a doubt taught your boy the true meaning of ethics, that's big. Damn shame to lose the cape, I hope something is able to be worked out and that you guys were able to at least eat a few meals off him! Did you ever end up taking a peek inside the cave or was it just not possible to get up there?
    "You can learn more about hunting with a bow in a week than you could in a lifetime of gun hunting" - Fred Bear

Excellent story and great pics. Sounds like your boy will enjoy the outdoors for many yesr to come. Congrats to both of you guys!