Thread: Anyone get out there and try for the Canada Geese?

Anyone get out there and try for the Canada Geese?

I was out along boundary bay this last Thursday walking the pup and what do I see sitting on the foreshore? Canada geese! About 3 dozen of them. First time I've actually seen them on the shoreline during the day (and at a low tide). I'm sitting there looking at the geese thinking, should I boot home and grab the shotgun? The week long season had just opened up and I was chomping at the bit to get some hunting in. So I call up my buddy and duck hunting partner Quincy to see if he could come out and join me, but he wasn't free ti'll the next day. So the following day, we grab our ghillie my decoys and setup along the 150m mark on the bay and wait all day for the tide to roll in and the geese to come along with it.

It was a pretty chill day. Nothing going on other than probably several thousand ducks coming into our goose decoys and setting up shop 30 yards from us... We waited patiently all day until the incoming tide touched our toes and no luck. Not a goose to be seen. Nadda, zip zilch zero.

Moral of the story? Take the opportunity when it presents itself! Just because they are here one day, doesn't mean that it will be here the next!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Anyone get out there and try for the Canada Geese?

forgot there was a little pre season on Canadas

At Brunswick I almost never see them. My Canada dekes just live in the garage

Haha I know. I was surprised to see them on the bay... I really should have just gone back home and grabbed the gun.

yep... we gave it a go trying for a passing shot as I could not be bothered to drag out the decoys...

by the third effort, we had their morning flight path worked out, so finally popped a bird... puppers got to find and retrieve his first honker. he was really stoked about that.

post a pic but photo bucket has not been working for me recently

Where were you for the passing shot? Just curious...

Quote Originally Posted by elch jager View Post
    yep... we gave it a go trying for a passing shot as I could not be bothered to drag out the decoys...

by the third effort, we had their morning flight path worked out, so finally popped a bird... puppers got to find and retrieve his first honker. he was really stoked about that.

post a pic but photo bucket has not been working for me recently

Pitt Meadows

I got out there with a buddy for a couple of days.

On a farmer's field north of boundary Bay. Had a group land the first morning and we got one.

Didn't see much else the rest of the weekend.

Looking to go hunting West of Ladner sometime. Any tips for other good public land?