Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grouse limits

Re: Grouse limits

Quote Originally Posted by grousetrap View Post
    Hey everyone, just got the update from a conservation officer.

"Thank you for your e-mail enquiring about seasonal limits for grouse. It has been forwarded to me for a response.

There are only daily bag limits and possession bag limits for grouse; there are no annual bag limits for grouse."

Hopefully this clarifies it for anyone who was wondering about limits.
    By the response I would guess they did not understand your?

There is no annual limit on waterfowl either it is only that the possession limit includes what you have at your residence. It is actually common in other provinces outside of BC to have your possession limit include what you have in your residence for small game/waterfowl/fish. With waterfowl being managed federal I would not be surprised it was an agreement to apply this in all provs but it’s only a guess

Grouse have the standard BC possession limit that doesn’t include what is at your residence

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    Grouse have the standard BC possession limit that doesn’t include what is at your residence

Thank you for the clarification, that's how I read the possession as well, just travelling back from hunting to permanent residence.

Once again, grouse numbers were good,,,,just like last year. I keep a running total which I record of all the grouse I see each season. This year so far I've seen 117, last year was 123. I focus on grouse in September to work on retrieving with my griff,,,,saw 38 the first day out. Got lots of limits this year!