Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So, where is BCWF on all this FN closures thru out the Province Standing??

So, where is BCWF on all this FN closures thru out the Province Standing??

Not here to insult anyone from BCWF.
    But recently, it's seems like several different areas thru out this province are becoming "off limits" for
    any "non-fn hunters".
    Restrictions being imposed upon by different FN bands.
    I have serious doubts that the government, and I am talking about George Heyman mainly, will
    do nothing to stop this.
    I have serious concerns that people are going to get hurt.
    On top of that, it seems like every other day now, another Band broadcasts another area to be restricted.

Just want to know, is anything at BCWF going on.
    Is there any direct contact being made with Heyman/Ministry???

I know this really isn't the bcwf's main forum, as they are here for wildlife.

But I cant help myself from wondering if bcwf is "getting involved" or not.

Is it ending up that non-fn are going to have to deal with this own their own?
    Seems that is where we are headed.

Thanks Kindly
    BMI

2. Site Sponsor

Re: So, where is BCWF on all this FN closures thru out the Province Standing??

We should list the areas of crown land that are off limits to hunters to make a better case

If you stand up to them you are a racist..

I too was wondering about this but it spurred a more troubling question around the fact that there is nobody at the same level of "politics" as Joe A and FN leaders, that will call them out on their inconsistent statements and practices. Scary really. Joe A is laying the problem with moose in the Cariboo at the feet of resident hunters...non-hunters and city folk eat it up like candy...and then there is the collective "hush" from the side of the house where sensible, scientific studies and management strategies should be speaking volumes. Why can't a MLA/Politician speak out around management initiatives and using guiding principles of scientific data and research to direct hunting opportunities? Why can't a MLA/Policitian call out Joe A and tear apart the inconsistent statements and how proper game management should be based on scientific research? It's the big pink elephant in the room that nobody is calling out. and please don't ask me the "what have you done to talk with your MLA..." done that and reply back (right from the MLS them self) was that their hands are tied. Man...I just want somebody to stand up and call a spade, a spade.

They released a statement earlier today.

http://bcwf.net/index.php/new-items-sp-25573/news-updates

Quote Originally Posted by skibum View Post
    We should list the areas of crown land that are off limits to hunters to make a better case
    Yup, we need a list!!

Sirloin, your up!
    You have the details, do you mind putting a list up of all the areas that fn have put into question and want to block.

It would be good for the list, as want to have all the facts when I write Heyman!
    An next election, when comes to my door, I am going to rip him a "new one"!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cyalatte View Post
    I too was wondering about this but it spurred a more troubling question around the fact that there is nobody at the same level of "politics" as Joe A and FN leaders, that will call them out on their inconsistent statements and practices. Scary really. Joe A is laying the problem with moose in the Cariboo at the feet of resident hunters...non-hunters and city folk eat it up like candy...and then there is the collective "hush" from the side of the house where sensible, scientific studies and management strategies should be speaking volumes. Why can't a MLA/Politician speak out around management initiatives and using guiding principles of scientific data and research to direct hunting opportunities? Why can't a MLA/Policitian call out Joe A and tear apart the inconsistent statements and how proper game management should be based on scientific research? It's the big pink elephant in the room that nobody is calling out. and please don't ask me the "what have you done to talk with your MLA..." done that and reply back (right from the MLS them self) was that their hands are tied. Man...I just want somebody to stand up and call a spade, a spade.
    MOE has made a statement and at this point are not backing these FN closures.
    The licensed hunting for moose in these areas can continue as they support science based wildlife management around this issue. They have made a statement and put it out for the public to see. I just wish they would have a spokes person on the nightly news talking about it.

B.C. Hunting Important Notices

UPDATE: Notice to hunters: First Nations announced closures

• Members of local First Nations have issued a news release suggesting they are closing portions of the Cariboo, Omineca and Skeena to all LEH hunting. The following LEH Areas within the boundary include:

o 5-3, 5-4A, 5-4B, 5-4C, 5-5, 5-6, 5-10, 5-11, 5-12A, 5-12B, 5-13A, 5-13B, 5-13C, 5-14, 5-15B, 5-15C, 5-15D, 6-1, 7-4, 7-10, 7-11, and 7-12B, and

o Portions of 5-2, 6-2A, 6-2B, 6-4, 7-3, 7-5, 7-6, and 7-8.

• The Province considers the licences of guides, resident hunters and non-resident hunters to be valid.
    • At this time we do not know what First Nations are planning with respect to enforcement of their announcement.
    • We ask everyone to remain respectful of one another on the ground while we look at options to resolve the situation.
    • Hunters seeking direction on what to do if they encounter a protest, or who wish to report any confrontation, should contact their local RCMP detachment.
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Quote Originally Posted by chilcotin hillbilly View Post
    MOE has made a statement and at this point are not backing these FN closures.
    The licensed hunting for moose in these areas can continue as they support science based wildlife management around this issue. They have made a statement and put it out for the public to see. I just wish they would have a spokes person on the nightly news talking about it.
    Yup, you are so right!
    Amazing how FN issues get reported, yet not the ministry when it supports nonFN.

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post

B.C. Hunting Important Notices

UPDATE: Notice to hunters: First Nations announced closures

• Members of local First Nations have issued a news release suggesting they are closing portions of the Cariboo, Omineca and Skeena to all LEH hunting. The following LEH Areas within the boundary include:

o 5-3, 5-4A, 5-4B, 5-4C, 5-5, 5-6, 5-10, 5-11, 5-12A, 5-12B, 5-13A, 5-13B, 5-13C, 5-14, 5-15B, 5-15C, 5-15D, 6-1, 7-4, 7-10, 7-11, and 7-12B, and

o Portions of 5-2, 6-2A, 6-2B, 6-4, 7-3, 7-5, 7-6, and 7-8.

• The Province considers the licences of guides, resident hunters and non-resident hunters to be valid.
    • At this time we do not know what First Nations are planning with respect to enforcement of their announcement.
    • We ask everyone to remain respectful of one another on the ground while we look at options to resolve the situation.
    • Hunters seeking direction on what to do if they encounter a protest, or who wish to report any confrontation, should contact their local RCMP detachment.
    Yup, I have seen the same "posting" etc.

That being said, they sure don't say we will be there to "enforce/protect those hunters rights"

"Lets just see what happens" attitude.
    That's sad and dangerous.
    That's where my concern is, and if this doesn't get "nipped in the but now", it will only get worse for years to come.
    Me, I would just stop "writing them cheques" until they "back off".
    (s***, I sound like Trump now.....dam it!)